Why become a member? ×

Alembic Stanley Clarke Signature Deluxe WITHDRAWN.
£3500

W1_Pro

30 minutes ago, hiram.k.hackenbacker said:

Yes, I was gonna ask about that. The ones I’ve played have been a bit heavier and also neck heavy. This sits OK though?

Well, I tend to wear this one quite high, seems to suit the deep funk heritage.. and it sits fine.  When I have tried to wear it lower there is a bit of dive, to be fair...

• Like 1

These 

12 hours ago, W1_Pro said:

Well, I tend to wear this one quite high, seems to suit the deep funk heritage.. and it sits fine.  When I have tried to wear it lower there is a bit of dive, to be fair...

This has been my experience too but i prefer wearing the bass lower.

• Like 1

These definitely feel like a long scale on a strap - the pin positioning pushes the neck/head right out. There’s noticeable dive with mine, though a 4” Alembic (Moody) suede backed strap helps a lot. Played seated, the small-bodied Alembics have similar ergonomics to any other short-scale (only better IMO)

Edited by three
  • Like 1

If you look at how far forward the bridge is, it is much further forward that a regular bass so this will dictate how far the reach is to first position. To play, the length feels very much like a long scale bass but obviously the fretting is narrower. I guess it needs to be that far forward in order to access the upper frets without a deep cutaway on the lower horn.

IMG_0879.jpg

• Like 1

FOLKS: This bass is no longer for sale. I just can't do it, it would be like selling one of the kids.  I really appreciate all of the interest and kind words in the thread above. I have decided to buy the 20th anniversary anyway. Sod it. You only live once.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1