Why become a member? ×

Pedal set up

ButcherBass95

Hey guys, dummy with some pedals here. Looking for some help how you set the buggers up so i can an derrière off my back. I'm fed up of setting them my way only to be told by the guitar princess they need to be changed.  He set them up for me the other day so he would get off my back only for him to turn around after a gig and say "your pedals sound stinky poo again sort it out" how the F*@& do I win right? if you would be so kind by telling me how you guys have your pedals set that would be great. I'll put pics of my pedals on after he set them up.

What I want from the geb-7 is a warm bass sound, from the bb-1x i want ti distorted but not drowning in it and same for odb-3 I want some great overdrive but not ridiculous.

Any and all help is appreciated

20190204_165907.jpg

20190204_165910.jpg

20190204_165915.jpg

Sounds like you need a new guitarist!

Edit: I would say you've maybe got a bit too much drive going on, but that would just be for my taste and equipment. You may find it hard getting any more meaningful responses than my first suggestion...

Edited by Bigwan
  • Like 1

9 minutes ago, ButcherBass95 said:

He's the one who formed the band, sings and writes the songs so can't really do that.

Ah... one of those dictatorships. Been there, done that. It'll kill your soul in the long run. Vote with your feet...

• Like 1

Over the course of many years I've developed a fool proof system. What you do is: you turn all of the knobs until they sound good.

To be slightly more specific, that looks like it's quite a lot of bass boost going on between the ODB and eq pedal. I'd be surprised if you really needed that much. Try starting with the EQ in a sad face and set the eq on the other two flat and tweak from there.

• Like 1

Does the guitar diva uses allways the Same eq and guitar? If so you can Taylor a specific eq curve for you bass that works all the time. I would Start with flat eq and try the mid feequencies first. Try to make the bass  cut trough the mix. After that, focus on bass and treble. What bass are you using? Maybe using different pickup position would Help. 

It seems you're cuting the mids and adding too much bass. Try the oposit instead. 

Edited by A.G.E.N.T.E.

I always find that a 'nice' bass sound doesn't cut through the mix, and you have got to make sure the mids are up.  Your EQ looks like the mids are cut, so if you are scooping mids on your amp and bass, this could be a double whammy - tone sucked.  I'd start with everything at 12 o'clock and go from there, but then I'd be inclined to ditch the EQ unless you're using it as a boost or to change tone mid song (that's me though, I'm sure it's great). 

You seem to have the drive pedals toned down as well but I'm sure you have your sound right.  I run my drive pedal through a line selector so I always have a totally clean bass in half the mix , and then can tweak the drive to suit the song.   The line selector might be a good bet for you, as you could have one drive in channel A, and the other drive in channel B, with the line selector set on A-B mix, opening up a ton of options.

The other thing I have found is that a some guitarists don't like bass players with pedals.    But they'll have no problem whipping out a board with  12 boutique effects pedals, 4 guitars .....

• Like 1