Why become a member? ×

E BOOKS excuse my ignorence

thebigyin

Files you can open on whatever electronic device you own - PC, mac, tablet, smartphone. The advantage being you can have your entire collection on one device, or (in some cases anyway) share them between devices, or store them in "the cloud" and access them on any of your devices, virtually anywhere with a wifi or mobile data network.

Personally I prefer having a real book...

Edited by Bigwan

2 minutes ago, Bigwan said:

Files you can open on whatever electronic device you own - PC, mac, tablet, smartphone. The advantage being you can have your entire collection on one device, or (in some cases anyway) share them between devices, or store them in "the cloud" and access them on any of your devices, virtually anywhere with a wifi or mobile data network.

Personally I prefer having a real book...

thanks

E books are great for me. Saves oodles of space, you can make the font bigger - good if your eyesight wasn`t what it once was, you can link onto articles in some books right from the page and it`s so easy to download a book when you have run out of things to read. And if you keep your eye on Amazon, there are some good deals to be had.

1 hour ago, jezzaboy said:

E books are great for me. Saves oodles of space, you can make the font bigger - good if your eyesight wasn`t what it once was, you can link onto articles in some books right from the page and it`s so easy to download a book when you have run out of things to read. And if you keep your eye on Amazon, there are some good deals to be had.

Cheers mate

2 hours ago, MacDaddy said:

Getting a bigger phone meant I could get rid of my Kindle and MP3 player. 

Love eBooks :)

Ditto, until I went on holiday, and tried to read on my phone (or iPad) in sunlight....

Then I realised why I had had a basic Kindle.

• Like 2

9 hours ago, MacDaddy said:

Getting a bigger phone meant I could get rid of my Kindle and MP3 player. 

Love eBooks :)

This is the last time I listen to your advice! 😡

...and relax...

Silver lining: already looking into buying a new Kindle and a new MP3 player.

M9FiN5H.jpg

• Haha 2

I ws an early adopter of ebooks as I was working away from home for 8 weeks at a time, and a sony PRS 505 ereader allowed me to carry a whole library with me, but took up less space than a small book. I was sold on it when I picked it up in the shop and asked what it looked like when it was turned on, thinking the text on the screen was a film, but it was a screen that looked like real paper. I rarely use the ebook unless I'm travelling nowadays mainly because I can be bothered to download the books.