Why become a member? ×

Anyone use 4x12?

la bam

Hi all,

Just wondered if anyone used a 4x12 anymore?

I used the 2x12 I have with the helix last night and it was awesome.

Just thinking adding another for larger gigs? More a modular system if needed, but wondered if it would be over bearing or muddy?

I know these used to be popular years ago.

I haven't used a 412 since 1973!

But I did use my 212 and 2x112's on a gig a couple of years ago. I used both TH500's to drive them. I was so loud that I had to turn the whole lot down to normal volume levels so that I could hear the guitarist! I could have been that loud with just the 212.

• Like 1

37 minutes ago, fretmeister said:

Used to.

i had a pair of Marshall VBC412 cabs. They were brilliant. Still my favourite cabs ever, just too heavy for me now.

I used to have one of these and agree, brilliant cabs, probably my fave cab I`ve ever had but similarly too heavy for me now. Got to use one just before Xmas and I was really tempted to get one but the common-sense-monkey in my brain talked me out of it.

I also used to have two Barefaced Super12Ts - the amount of sound from these two was so immense that unless a really big stage I couldn`t use both, and at rehearsal rooms the sound was all-enveloping. In my opinion two lightweight 212s is a modular solution to pretty much all gigging needs.