Why become a member? ×

Bit of a hankering

Bridgehouse

1 minute ago, hooky_lowdown said:

If you want a muddy sound, just roll off the tone on whatever bass you use. You'll thank me later!

I do that already - plenty of rolled off tone with flats.

No, this is more about just some weird hankering for the aesthetic. SG body shape that’s awkward to wear, far too much neck dive, odd bridge, dodgy intonation.. you know, that sort of stuff

• Haha 1

22 minutes ago, Bridgehouse said:

No, this is more about just some weird hankering for the aesthetic. SG body shape that’s awkward to wear, far too much neck dive, odd bridge, dodgy intonation.. you know, that sort of stuff

That pretty much summed up my experience of them 🤣

Edited by Deedee

I did all this too.  On the plus side, they are cheap to buy initially, the usual upgrades (new pickup, Hipshot bridge) aren't punishingly expensive, the neck is (for me, anyway) really comfy and they are quite fun to play.  And if, once the honeymoon period is over, you come to the realisation that it still sounds like mud and neck dives atrociously, you can return it to stock and sell off the bits to the neck person who gets besotted with the idea.  As GAS goes it is fairly small beans to cure, really.

Edited by Paul S
  • Like 1

I had a hankering for one as well. Bought it and very quickly no longer had said hankering. I know some people like them but it is by far the worst bass I have owned.

If I was looking for one I would have to get one of the re issues or a vintage one.

1 hour ago, jezzaboy said:

I had a hankering for one as well. Bought it and very quickly no longer had said hankering. I know some people like them but it is by far the worst bass I have owned.

If I was looking for one I would have to get one of the re issues or a vintage one.

Thing is, I know this already. It’s not like I’m expecting it to be good or anything. 

I think I need more pills. NURSE!