Why become a member? ×

Spyder330 fair price

nikon F

love the sound ,,,,the cab is only 8ohms so not sure of the output ( 4 ohm amp ) but I added a 15 inch cab and its plenty for what I need ,,,,,,,,the only niggle is the front panel wood is slightly  warped and I don't know what caused it ( its underneath the cab trying to straighten it out ,,,)

DSC_4398.JPG

• Like 1

I

23 hours ago, nikon F said:

love the sound ,,,,the cab is only 8ohms so not sure of the output ( 4 ohm amp ) but I added a 15 inch cab and its plenty for what I need ,,,,,,,,the only niggle is the front panel wood is slightly  warped and I don't know what caused it ( its underneath the cab trying to straighten it out ,,,)

DSC_4398.JPG

Hi,

We have a couple of ashdown cabs in the studios I help run. They've all done this... It's probably due to combination of a damp environment as the studios are in railway arches and maybe a combination of the wood being sealed properly or just poor grade MDF or board.  I ended up just glueing it back on as it was constantly falling off. 

• 2 weeks later...
On ‎09‎/‎02‎/‎2019 at 19:08, TheGreek said:

Don't forget that Ashdown are members here. @Ashdown Engineering..get in contact and have the head serviced...it'll save any worries in the future.

well ive just got back from a pre arranged trip to @Ashdown Engineering in Essex ,,,,,had a service on the spyder 330 ,,,,,,,,and what a nice experience   ,,,very nice people and they didn't take the *iss out of my rubbish playing once ,,,,,,,,,,,more like constantly ! seriously a really nice bunch of people,a very good price for the service and a good laugh  even though I committed the cardinal sin of forgetting the biscuits ,,,,,thanks ashdown engineering,,,,top notch customer service

Andy

33 minutes ago, nikon F said:

well ive just got back from a pre arranged trip to @Ashdown Engineering in Essex ,,,,,had a service on the spyder 330 ,,,,,,,,and what a nice experience   ,,,very nice people and they didn't take the *iss out of my rubbish playing once ,,,,,,,,,,,more like constantly ! seriously a really nice bunch of people,a very good price for the service and a good laugh  even though I committed the cardinal sin of forgetting the biscuits ,,,,,thanks ashdown engineering,,,,top notch customer service

Andy

Ah now. I’m popping in there tomorrow, what are the correct biscuits to purchase for them? Or is “any old shite” better than “none” in this case? 🤣

1 hour ago, nikon F said:

Andy

Was our pleasure Andy. We’ll let you off the biscuits, but that only happens once 😉 

35 minutes ago, Merton said:

Ah now. I’m popping in there tomorrow, what are the correct biscuits to purchase for them? Or is “any old shite” better than “none” in this case? 🤣

Ah good news. We prefer a good quality biscuit truth be told although there is certainly truth in any old shite is better than none 😉 

• Like 1

48 minutes ago, Merton said:

only the best will do,,,,,,,,,,and can you make that times 2 to make up for my lack of thoughtfulness plz 😁

• Haha 1

21 hours ago, Ashdown Engineering said:

Ah good news. We prefer a good quality biscuit truth be told although there is certainly truth in any old shite is better than none 😉 

Well I hope the quality was up to scratch!

Thanks for allowing me to pop in and play bass badly through your lovely ABM rig and cool new pedals (love the Triple Shot!)

• Like 1