Why become a member? ×

N.A.D. Bugera BV1001M.

goingdownslow

My 16 year old Ford Focus estate bit the dust last year and as I also have a Mazda Mx5 bought at the same time but hardly used (only just clocked 12,000 miles) I decided against buying another car  and get some use out of the Mazda. Ok, I can't get my main rig in it (Ampeg 3-Pro and 6x10), but by taking out the passenger seat I can get my Hartke Kickback 15 or a 2x10 and TE 350 SMX in. I do some gigs with a band with a van so that can take care of the Ampeg stuff.

Anyway, I decided I could do with reducing the weight and after reading some of the reviews on here I thought I would give the Bugera a try, for £208 it wouldn't break the bank. 

It arrived yesterday. On unpacking it I found it was freezing cold so I left it for an hour or so to acclimatise before powering up.
I tried it on a 2X10 and noticed a 'fizz' to the sound, I hadn't used the cab for a few months but it was ok at that time,  I checked all connections were sound but this 'fizz' was still there but it gradually faded away and did not come back even after turning the amp off for a while. Did it just need running in?
I took it to a gig in Manchester last night and after setting up my Ampeg SVT3-Pro and 6x10 I hooked up the Bugera and was impressed by the sound (still no fizz), I felt I could get a similar sound to my Ampeg and that it could also go too loud. I swopped back to the SVT for the gig but I'm looking forward to using it at some smaller gigs I do.

There's already a thread running on here somewhere about the Veyron. 

I love mine. Superb looking and sounding little amp with bags of power to spare. I don't know how they even make them, let alone sell them at that price. They're an absolute steal.

I never had any problems with "fizzing". Hopefully it was just a condensation thing. 

• Like 1

Looks like I'll still be lugging the heavy stuff for a while longer as the 'Fizzy' sound is back and is also linked with turning the master volume control.
Although it sounds like a scratchy pot the note can also have a sizzle to it without even turning the volume control.

Edited by goingdownslow

1 hour ago, goingdownslow said:

Looks like I'll still be lugging the heavy stuff for a while longer as the 'Fizzy' sound is back and is also linked with turning the master volume control.
Although it sounds like a scratchy pot the note can also have a sizzle to it without even turning the volume control.

Rotten luck. Mine has been very clean.

11 hours ago, goingdownslow said:

Sounds like a faulty piece of kit? You should hopefully be able to get a replacement or full refund. 

11 hours ago, goingdownslow said:

That's a shame. Mine is also clean as a whistle. Might be a daft suggestion but have you tried plugging it in in another room or even another building to check it's not an electrical problem. I get all sorts of electrical problems in the house I use for practice which often results in "fizzy" pickups. Ironically the Veyron is the first amp I've used that seems to cure the problem. 

Failing that then yeah, I'd definitely exchange it. Mine is probably the quietest amp I've ever owned in terms of background noise and interference. 

Edited by Newfoundfreedom
  • Like 1