Why become a member? ×

Limelight Custom Builds

Hobbayne

Nope sorry guys i'm not a fan of the colour plus i just don't like relic'ed basses and those rusting screws would annoy the hell outa me.

Looks like the Sandberg might be my way forward. Everyone that's tried one says the necks are excellent.

Dave

• Haha 1

2 hours ago, dmccombe7 said:

Nope sorry guys i'm not a fan of the colour plus i just don't like relic'ed basses and those rusting screws would annoy the hell outa me.

Looks like the Sandberg might be my way forward. Everyone that's tried one says the necks are excellent.

Dave

He does say though, that the photo is not an accurate colour match. Its not as pink in real life.

I did try a few of them a couple of years ago and the necks were really nice even tho they are a little wider than my Jazz bass. At the end of the day i do have other basses with wider necks and i have no real problems changing over.

I also have 5 and 6 string basses but the Jazz is my preferred width but its not a deal breaker provided the Sandberg bass is good quality build like the ones i've already tried.

They get great reviews from most everyone.

Dave

17 hours ago, Linus27 said:

Perfect and thank you. Looks like I'm going to be sorted with a Limelight bass in the near future. Just waiting on a quote back :)

I can never remember how to upload pictures, sorry.  There's one of the bass on our band's website gallery here.

3 hours ago, Reggaebass said:

Same here , I really don’t need another bass , but I’ve got to get one of these 😀

I'm sold, 100%. I've not been able to find a secondhand unlined fretless Fender to my spec anywhere and the fact that Fender don't even make an standard unlined fretless Jazz or Precision limits my options even further. So a Limelight just ticks all the boxes.

• Like 1

• 5 months later...
On 06/04/2019 at 11:25, Linus27 said:

I've not been able to find a secondhand unlined fretless Fender to my spec anywhere

same here - why Fender insist on lining the fretless boards is beyond me. At least offer an option. It's probably a hang-over of the Jaco Jazz which he stripped the frets out of. But actually putting lines onto an unmarked fretless neck seems moronic to me. I might pick up an affordable used Jazz somewhere and spend on getting an unlined board fitted.

btw, am in contact with Mark about a '64 P, Lake Placid... :)

Edited by Soledad

38 minutes ago, Soledad said:

same here - why Fender insist on lining the fretless boards is beyond me. At least offer an option. It's probably a hang-over of the Jaco Jazz which he stripped the frets out of. But actually putting lines onto an unmarked fretless neck seems moronic to me. I might pick up an affordable used Jazz somewhere and spend on getting an unlined board fitted.

btw, am in contact with Mark about a '64 P, Lake Placid... :)

Mine should be here any day now. It was ready at the beginning of August but Mark accidently put a lined board on it :laugh1: So I'm just waiting for it to have the unlined neck fitted. Hopefully any day now. This is the picture of it with the wrong neck on,

Bass1.jpg

Edited by Linus27
  • Like 2

1 hour ago, Linus27 said:

Mine should be here any day now. It was ready at the beginning of August but Mark accidently put a lined board on it :laugh1: So I'm just waiting for it to have the unlined neck fitted. Hopefully any day now. This is the picture of it with the wrong neck on,

Bass1.jpg

Pardon me if I'm being a muppet asking this, but what is with the holes between the neck pick up and the bridge?

1 hour ago, Linus27 said:

This is the picture of it with the wrong neck on,

Almost exactly what I'd like, and love the colour. Basically I 'need' a lake placid P, and a fretless Jazz, unlined and maybe that mucky white colour with tort plate. (See the CS Jazz for sale on here - that but unlined fretless👍👍👍)

• Like 2