Why become a member? ×

Limelight Custom Builds

Hobbayne

3 minutes ago, NancyJohnson said:

I've always been curious about these.  Are they scratch built or just bolted together from AllParts style parts?

Bolted together, but I think there's a bit more involved than that. The rolled fingerboard edges for example. Wind their own pickups too. Certainly seem to have hit on a decent formula!

Edited by Bigwan
  • Like 1

I am after a 1963 Sonic Blue P Bass. Not to heavily reliced with a faded almost mint green pickguard. Yes, an AVRI lookalike. Something like this.

738717.jpg

I have emailed Mark and he can do exactly what I,m looking for in about 12 weeks for a lot cheaper than I imagined.

• Like 5

I was sort of thinking about one. I don't really normally like fenders, and am not that bothered about vintage, but today I played a 1965 Jazz bass with flats on it, and TBH, it was one of the nicest fenders I had ever played, i would be more than happy to have something like that, but it was a little bit more money than I would want to pay (ok, rephrasing, it was 5x the amount I would like to pay!), and it occured to me it would be a bit of a liability, too expensive to take anywhere, but I wouldn't want to play with all the metal on and frankly the pots could do with replacing (and I know you can't do that sort of stuff)

• 1 month later...
24 minutes ago, Hobbayne said:

I have put my order in with mark. Does he give you regular updates on progress? Or do you not hear anything till its ready.

I would quite like to see some work in progress pics.

No WiP pics. I just tried my best to forget about it until I got the laminate floor pic.

Michael

• Haha 2

Never saw this thread before, but coincidentally I emailed the other day there asking about cost for these (never thought to ask time!) as I'm thinking about going for one based on John Entwistle's Frankenstein 65 P, Fiesta Red, Maple Neck...just need to move a few things on first to finance...that sonic blue P you've just ordered though @Hobbayne...Oooooft....

Edited by lou24d53
  • Haha 1