Why become a member? ×

Mesa Venture Combo on eBay (Liverpool)

Beedster

These don't come up very often, I'm almost tempted because I have such happy memories of smiling soundguys and viscerally moved audiences from the days when it was my main rig! Beautifully engineered and beautiful sounding unit, although likely taking the prize for the heaviest combo ever built. This isn't going anywhere by courier :)

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/mesa-venture-600-bass-combo-amp/401701782462?hash=item5d874ac3be:g:OesAAOSwXAxcWdGh:rk:49:pf:0

Edited by Beedster

On 09/02/2019 at 13:56, Creeper said:

Seen it and been tempted, heavy beast but it has wheels...

On 09/02/2019 at 17:58, fleabag said:

Should come with a chiropracter  on wheels as well

Many will disagree, and perhaps rightly so, but I'm firmly of the view that mass and tone come hand in hand with amplification :)

Just now, fleabag said:

There is that and it's a good point. I had an amp head that was 30lbs + and then the weight of the SKB rack case on top, but the sound was awesome.  Couldnt live with it, though, in the end

The combo in question was monstrous, took two of us to get in in and out of the van, but I have never heard tone quite like it. I've no idea why it worked so much better than the same components in non-combo format (for example I had the same head and used it with Mesa Powerhouse 2x10, 2x15 and 1x15/2x10), but I'm pretty sure it did. I sold it to downsize to a Walkabout and two Bag End 15's, but whilst that rig sounded outstanding, it had nothing like the, dare I say it, heft of the Venture combo :)

I keep looking at this and although he has dropped his price a little, it’s still seems as though it’s at top ££££ at the moment. I just realised that this is the 2x10 and not the 2x12, is there much weight difference between the two?

22 hours ago, Creeper said:

I keep looking at this and although he has dropped his price a little, it’s still seems as though it’s at top ££££ at the moment. I just realised that this is the 2x10 and not the 2x12, is there much weight difference between the two?

Offer him £800 perhaps? They sell for more than that in the USA, so well worth it. Trust me, that thing will make you smile a lot :)