Why become a member? ×

*WITHDRAWN*B.C Rich 1978 Fretless Eagle offers invited. *PRICE DROP* £1500
£1700

alembic1989

Reluctantly selling this babe of a bass. In really nice condition for its age. Everything works as it should.

Has one of the nicest feeling necks I've ever played.

Inside of control cavity cover is signed by Billy Sheehan.

I really don't want to post ad I have no case...but could perhaps be persuaded.

Would prefer local pick up , or arrange to meet halfway...speak to me.

Looking for a sale as I'm looking to buy a motorbike!

More photos available on request.

https://photos.app.goo.gl/3WXPaLEsd1dYmo6C6

Edited by alembic1989
  • Like 1

31 minutes ago, alembic1989 said:

Wow.

I'm really surprised at the lack of interest.

Wasn't expecting that!

Thanks Stuart.

Don't really want to sell it tbh...I've wanted one since I was a teenager.

May well change my mind!

The BC market is very strange at the moment I think..has been for a while IMO. 

Might be wrong on this but it seems to me that there's more than an air of caution about spending larger sums of money on bass related items as we approach 29th March. 

On a personal note, if I hadn't invested money into moving to a bigger house last summer, I would definitely have been very interested in this!

If I were you, I'd hang on to it. 😊

28 minutes ago, silverfoxnik said:

The BC market is very strange at the moment I think..has been for a while IMO. 

Might be wrong on this but it seems to me that there's more than an air of caution about spending larger sums of money on bass related items as we approach 29th March. 

On a personal note, if I hadn't invested money into moving to a bigger house last summer, I would definitely have been very interested in this!

If I were you, I'd hang on to it. 😊

Thanks, its such a lovely instrument. The ONLY reason for selling is I'm after (another) motorbike. Don't need the money, and the neck feel is to die for.

I may well end up keeping it.

53 minutes ago, alembic1989 said:

Thanks, its such a lovely instrument. The ONLY reason for selling is I'm after (another) motorbike. Don't need the money, and the neck feel is to die for.

I may well end up keeping it.

Safer to fly with the Eagle than on a motorbike... 😉

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...

Aah well. I've done my best.

I'll give it 1 more week. I've just bought some Labella black nylons for it, I think that might unlock some mega goodness.

Last chance folks. 1 week and then I'm withdrawing it...not unhappy either tbh.

Edited by alembic1989

Have to say, I'm very surprised to see this hasn't sold yet, especially at this price! 

I used to have one in the 1990s  which was very similar to this but had a Bill Lawrence pick up in the bridge position.

Without doubt, it was the best bass I'd ever owned up until that time (and probably still is).. My old recording / writing partner back then said it was the best sounding bass he'd ever recorded which was high praise given the fact he'd worked with same amazing bass players in his career, including Pino of all people! 

Fortunately for me, I managed to pick up another 1980s built, through neck BC Rich Eagle 15 years ago and whilst it  doesn't have the amazing Neal Moser designed active circuitry, nor the same level of finish as this one, it still plays and sounds incredible because of the choice of tonewoods, the Dimarzio pick ups and the neck design ! 

Anyway, that's enough waffle from me...

Suffice to say this is a beautiful example of a classic Bass and, if it was good enough for Bernard Edwards to play one back in the day, then it's more than good enough for anyone now! 

GLWTS (again) 😊

1 hour ago, silverfoxnik said:

Have to say, I'm very surprised to see this hasn't sold yet, especially at this price! 

I used to have one in the 1990s  which was very similar to this but had a Bill Lawrence pick up in the bridge position.

Without doubt, it was the best bass I'd ever owned up until that time (and probably still is).. My old recording / writing partner back then said it was the best sounding bass he'd ever recorded which was high praise given the fact he'd worked with same amazing bass players in his career, including Pino of all people! 

Fortunately for me, I managed to pick up another 1980s built, through neck BC Rich Eagle 15 years ago and whilst it  doesn't have the amazing Neal Moser designed active circuitry, nor the same level of finish as this one, it still plays and sounds incredible because of the choice of tonewoods, the Dimarzio pick ups and the neck design ! 

Anyway, that's enough waffle from me...

Suffice to say this is a beautiful example of a classic Bass and, if it was good enough for Bernard Edwards to play one back in the day, then it's more than good enough for anyone now! 

GLWTS (again) 😊

Thanks.

The bass came with some fairly heavy gauge and quite old flat wounds on it, that I don't like. But I've just bought some light tension labella deep talkin' black nylon strings, ..I think this will transform it. I have about 7 different fretless's including a Le Fay Remington Steel they are all fabulous in their own right. But the feel of the neck on this one is very special. I love the Di marzios and the pre amp & switching options, and to be totally candid I think people are being stupid by not buying this bass..just as I now begin to realise that I am being stupid selling this bass...no need really because I have enough money for my motorbike now.

I'll be withdrawing it in the next few days...tough luck fellas...stick to your cookie cutter " jazz bass in CAR" overpriced nonsense.

Edited by alembic1989
  • Like 2