Why become a member? ×

Andertons, Guildford

bozzie

2 hours ago, ezbass said:

🤤 👏

It's one of the only things I can cook that doesn't involve pasta.

Ok I'll tell you.

Carbonara should never be made with cream. No. The sauce is made of EGGS, pecarino cheese and a splash of water from cooking the pasta. And cubes of bacon. That's it.

I don't think I have any other egg recipes, sorry.

• Like 3

• 3 years later...
On 07/02/2019 at 18:50, PatrickJ said:

I'd love an update on if the so called captain (Mr Lee Anderton) responded to you and was able to resolve things for you?

That would be helpful to the minority like myself who have had a number of issues with company and have not had success with customer services in resolving issues.

I know it's been a while since this thread, but I'm interested in whether others have had customer service problems with Andertons.

Until now, my experience has been positive. However, I'm now embroiled in a three-way tussle with Andertons and Fender over an Ultimate Precision bass which is considerably less than a year old - even more considerably when this saga started.

Long story short, my tech discovered a bow in the neck which he said would result in future problems on the bass. I took it back to Andertons who, after two weeks agreed. There then followed a protracted exchange between Andertons and Fender, which took another week or two. Fender asked for photos, then asked for the bass back. More time passed. Then Fender came back and agreed there was a problem and that they would have to order a new neck from the US, which could take at least two more months.

TBH, I've bought various products from Andertons over the last couple of years. The Ultimate Precision bass is their most expensive non-custom bass. If Fender won't just step up and agree to a refund or replacement, I frankly expect Andertons to. They are supposed to have a special; relationship with Fender and not to take responsibility on behalf of the customer and refund or replace and then sort out with Fender, is pretty unacceptable.

• Sad 1

I have once bought a Jackson dinky with a Floyd rose and neck nut lock. The thread on the nut lock was worn out despite being a brand new guitar. I called them up and was advised to buy a new screw. The fact was it was the thread in the nut. The guitar went back to the shop. Thanks but no thanks!

I’ve had a few dealings with them and they’ve been reasonable at best. One bass I purchased had no gig bag and was tossed in a cardboard box with a tiny bit of polystyrene and a bit of plastic sheeting. The bass arrived in the outer box - they hadn’t bothered to tape up the inner box so it fell apart in transit - so goodness only knows how it turned up undamaged. I also asked them to weigh a bass and was told “it’s in the warehouse, they’re all the same weight anyway”. It turned up and went straight back as it was 5.5Kg! It took just under 4 weeks to get refunded. As for photos or anything else exotic, forget it. I suppose they’re too busy for such nonsense. I much prefer GuitarGuitar for major brand purchases, who pack well, have excellent comms and a fast no quibble return policy. 

• Like 1

10 hours ago, KevP said:

I know it's been a while since this thread, but I'm interested in whether others have had customer service problems with Andertons.

Until now, my experience has been positive. However, I'm now embroiled in a three-way tussle with Andertons and Fender over an Ultimate Precision bass which is considerably less than a year old - even more considerably when this saga started.

Long story short, my tech discovered a bow in the neck which he said would result in future problems on the bass. I took it back to Andertons who, after two weeks agreed. There then followed a protracted exchange between Andertons and Fender, which took another week or two. Fender asked for photos, then asked for the bass back. More time passed. Then Fender came back and agreed there was a problem and that they would have to order a new neck from the US, which could take at least two more months.

TBH, I've bought various products from Andertons over the last couple of years. The Ultimate Precision bass is their most expensive non-custom bass. If Fender won't just step up and agree to a refund or replacement, I frankly expect Andertons to. They are supposed to have a special; relationship with Fender and not to take responsibility on behalf of the customer and refund or replace and then sort out with Fender, is pretty unacceptable.

Read up on the Consumer Rights Act. As an established retailer they should be well aware of the remedies within the Act and what is a ‘reasonable time’ to repair or replace. Getting clued up on what your rights are in these situations is invaluable. Knowing your onions and being clear in your expectations in line with the law may well mean their stance alters. 

On 07/02/2019 at 20:39, skankdelvar said:

Well, it would be if I hadn't been futzing around here. Eggs ended up totally hard boiled and I'd already cut the bread into soldiers. So I mashed up the egg, put it on the bread and it looked like a kids' party circa 1965, where's the red lemonade, Mum?

Last time I'm doing anything public-spirited. They can all go f**k themselves next time :angry2:

Couldn't you just do more eggs so you got them as you like them? The left over ones could have be saved to throw at some politicians in the future🤣

On 27/12/2022 at 15:34, KevP said:

Andertons are wrong.  Your contract is with them, not Fender, and they should sort you out.  This is a legal requirement, not a gesture.  If Fender send a new neck, all the better for Andertons, but it is Andertons who should refund or replace your purchase.  Probably too late now as you have kind of accepted the situation but worth knowing for the future.

http://tradingstandardsblog.co.uk/who-is-liable-for-faulty-goods-the-retailer-or-manufacturer

• Like 1

On 08/02/2019 at 17:54, uk_lefty said:

It's one of the only things I can cook that doesn't involve pasta.

Ok I'll tell you.

Carbonara should never be made with cream. No. The sauce is made of EGGS, pecarino cheese and a splash of water from cooking the pasta. And cubes of bacon. That's it.

I don't think I have any other egg recipes, sorry.

And black pepper...

Sorry, bit late to the party!

• Haha 1

I've used Andertons for many years, even back in the late 80's when they were in their old building. In fact I was there yesterday trading in a couple of pedals and purchasing some new ones. I can only ever recall one issue which was disappointing but was sorted which was an issue with a new Fender bass. Apart from that, 99.9% of the time they have been excellent, super friendly and helpful, even if their selection of basses is a little disappointing.

• Like 1

I've never had an issue with Andertons.  When you consider the amount of kit they sell through the shop and online, there's an inevitability that once in a while something will go awry, but just remember they're the reseller and in all likelihood getting product out the door is way more important than sorting out queries.  It doesn't matter whether it's musical instruments or shoes.

First point of call with a warranty issue is always going to be to go back to where you bought it from - if, in the case of @KevP's neck, then Andertons contact Fender, they'll have various exchanges and Fender should investigate, then replace/repair if there's a genuine fault - we all need to realise Anderton's don't just snap their fingers and a replacement neck arrives within 48 hours.  Kev has also not gone into specifics about the nature of the issue or how his tech knew there would be a future issue.  The time of year the issue was reported could be an issue; all businesses go through busy periods (Christmas) and slack lower staffed periods (summer), which can stiff response times.

Any delay is always down to the nature of retail and issue-resolution, believe me, if you've worked in any type of retail (yes, I have), then you'll realise that.  That said the lead time from Fender (two months) does seem a little long, but you've not made it clear whether the replacement neck was a stock item or had to be manufactured from scratch to be model specific (is it the Ultra model as opposed to 'Ultimate'?  I don't recall an Ultimate series.).

Edited by NancyJohnson
Lots of edits. Yes. Yes.
  • Like 3

Used Andertons for a long time and only one problem was when the online system quoted a bass amp as in stock that they didn't have.

Having bought it for next day delivery it didn't go down to well when they said they had to check stock with their suppliers who it turned out didn't have it either. Bottom line was there would be fresh supplies it about two months.

I took the refund and bought it from a shop in Yorkshire who did have it and got it to me the next day.

Moral is computer systems only believe what they are told and pass the problem on.