Why become a member? ×

Andertons, Guildford

bozzie

Couple of things:

* On some forums 'completed' info request threads are closed either at the OP's request or as a matter of course. On some other forums OP's are required to request such a closure on pain of a bollocking. The OP in this thread is a light BC user and may simply be unaware that we don't do it like that here. I don't think anything sinister should be inferred from his request.

* Historically we've taken the view that publicising specific details of an ongoing dispute with a retailer can sometimes be counter-productive to a successful resolution. The OP should not (and cannot) be compelled to rehearse his woes here unless he wants to.

* Now can everyone dial it the f*ck back. I'm boiling some eggs for tea, I like them runny and I don't want to take my eye off the timer :)

Edited by skankdelvar
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1

4 minutes ago, skankdelvar said:

Couple of things:

* On some forums 'completed' info request threads are closed either at the OP's request or as a matter of course. On some other forums OP's are required to request such a closure on pain of a bollocking. The OP in this thread is a light BC user and may simply be unaware that we don't do it like that here. I don't think anything sinister should be inferred from his request.

* Historically we've taken the view that publicising specific details of an ongoing dispute with a retailer can sometimes be counter-productive to a successful resolution. The OP should not (and cannot) be compelled to rehearse his woes here unless he wants to.

* Now can everyone dial it the f*ck back. I'm boiling some eggs for tea, I like them runny and I don't want to take my eye off the timer :)

Thank you, I didn't know that's how it worked, i've only recently returned. As you also state historically we've taken the view....., and thats the exact one I've taken and feel I've been berated for it. As far as i'm concerned the issue is closed on here from my own perspective.

14 minutes ago, Rich said:

Well of course. Runny is the ONLY way.

Well, it would be if I hadn't been futzing around here. Eggs ended up totally hard boiled and I'd already cut the bread into soldiers. So I mashed up the egg, put it on the bread and it looked like a kids' party circa 1965, where's the red lemonade, Mum?

Last time I'm doing anything public-spirited. They can all go f**k themselves next time :angry2:

• Like 1
  • Haha 3

3 minutes ago, skankdelvar said:

Well, it would be if I hadn't been futzing around here. Eggs ended up totally hard boiled and I'd already cut the bread into soldiers. So I mashed up the egg, put it on the bread and it looked like a kids' party circa 1965, where's the red lemonade, Mum?

Last time I'm doing anything public-spirited. They can all go f**k themselves next time :angry2:

How long for a good runny egg, and by that I mean cooked white and runny yolk.

Also, do you put the egg in cold water and bring to the boil, or put it in boiling water? What if it cracks!?

• Like 1

39 minutes ago, Billy Apple said:

Very much depends on the size of the egg. I give large eggs 4.5 mins and they generally come out fine.

39 minutes ago, Billy Apple said:

Also, do you put the egg in cold water and bring to the boil, or put it in boiling water? What if it cracks!?

Straight into simmering water. Make sure the eggs are room temp first or they'll crack for sure. Cold water brought to the boil will give you a hard boiled egg. They are horrid in every way.

Edited by Rich

4 hours ago, Billy Apple said:

Runny Eggs The Del Var Way

* Fill a medium saucepan nearly to the top with cold water
* Place eggs in the cold water and see what happens.
* If the eggs float freely in the water they're a bit old and therefore potentially not good for runny egg, i.e food poisoning, so discard or leave for hard boiled. If they lay on the bottom of the pan or just stand upright they're OK.
* Pour off the water until the eggs are mostly covered but with a hint of shell showing above the water
* Dry the outside of the saucepan. Place the pan of cold water and eggs on the cooker top and turn heat to full
* Once the water comes to the boil cook for three and a half minutes. All cookers are different therefore you may need to experiment with timings until you achieve a satisfactorily runny egg.
* If an egg cracks simply sprinkle a few drops of vinegar into the water. This will help any escaping egg white to bind more quickly and seal the crack
* Remove eggs from water, place in egg cup and top with a colourful knitted egg cosy
* Serve to the table with buttered soldiers
* Fashion tip: Wear a dainty pinafore bearing the picture of an adorable Victorian street urchin with a tear in one eye and the legend 'Won't Somebody Love Me?'

• Haha 2

50 minutes ago, uk_lefty said:

For my two penn'orth on the subject...

I do enjoy cooking chopped chorizo in a pan to the point the oil leaks from them, throw in some onion and chilli too... Then scramble some eggs in it. Delicious. Top with fresh basil or rocket and get it down yer neck.

🤤 👏

20 hours ago, bozzie said:

Thank you, I didn't know that's how it worked, i've only recently returned. As you also state historically we've taken the view....., and thats the exact one I've taken and feel I've been berated for it. As far as i'm concerned the issue is closed on here from my own perspective.

We'll carry on reading, if that's ok with you

• Haha 1