Why become a member? ×

Ay up, from Leeds

Nehama

So... my name's Nehama, and I've been doing bass for 45 years... I don't suppose I could kick it now, even if I tried.

I've had some nice basses over the years, Fenders, Steinbergers, Ibanezes, et al. but I like cheap and nasty these days, that way I won't sell 'em when I'm hard up. My current bass is a fret-free Staggberger (that's a Stagg customised with the EMGs from my last Steinberger) modified and set up to perfection by Beej Guitars in Leeds. I use roundwound strings (any brand, I'm not fussy) and play through a Marshall 100 guitar rig. Oh, and my Staggberger is tuned BEAD. I don't use pedals.

I am not a gear-geek, for me it's all about what, how and when you play... if you know what you're doing, you should be able to make any old plank sound good.

The genres I prefer are funk-rock, jazz-funk, reggae and anything with a edge... I don't do smooth (been there, done that, got bored), life's too short.

My motto: happiness is a warm bass :-)

• Like 1

Welcome and ey up right back, I'm also from Leeds!

Your Staggberger sounds interesting, for some reason I always fancied having a go on a Stagg. I remember eyeballing them when I was 16 and they were tantalizingly almost affordable, plus they remind me of the ads for Stagg chilli on TV years ago!

Anyway, welcome again!

Rik

On 06/02/2019 at 17:16, Rikki_Sixx said:

Welcome and ey up right back, I'm also from Leeds!

Your Staggberger sounds interesting, for some reason I always fancied having a go on a Stagg. I remember eyeballing them when I was 16 and they were tantalizingly almost affordable, plus they remind me of the ads for Stagg chilli on TV years ago!

Anyway, welcome again!

Rik

If you fancy dropping down to the jam sessions a Northern Guitars (every other Tuesday) or the Duck & Drake pub (every Wednesday) you might get a chance to see and hear the Staggberger in action... and to do me out of a gig :-)

• Like 1

On 08/02/2019 at 14:24, Nehama said:

If you fancy dropping down to the jam sessions a Northern Guitars (every other Tuesday) or the Duck & Drake pub (every Wednesday) you might get a chance to see and hear the Staggberger in action... and to do me out of a gig 🙂

I still haven't been in to the "new" Northern Guitars, it looks amazing! I'll have to try and pop in. Jam sessions sound cool, I wondered if there were any around.