Why become a member? ×

What Bass Guitar is this?

paulmcnamara

21 minutes ago, Jono Bolton said:

Are these Hofners any good? I quite like the look of the Verythin Bass

Definitely. I had the Hofner Verythin bass and always regretted selling it on. I re-bought the long scale version almost 3years ago and it's a keeper. In fact of all my basses it's the one I am taking on tour this month.

1 hour ago, Cat Burrito said:

Definitely. I had the Hofner Verythin bass and always regretted selling it on. I re-bought the long scale version almost 3years ago and it's a keeper. In fact of all my basses it's the one I am taking on tour this month.

Good to know there's a long-scale version; I thought they only had short-scale. Is there much neck dive? It's always a concern for me with these types of bass.

Edited by Jono Bolton

I thought it had been discontinued but some shops still advertise it. It's here https://www.thomann.de/gb/hoefner_verythin_bass_hct_500_8_dc.htm?sid=229eb2e131eb9e87d589e9bcbc651e34

I don't notice any issue with neck dive but I have a wider strap that tends to grip my shoulder nicely. It really is a wonderful bass. Check out Dan's review here;