Why become a member? ×

Good evening from Solihull, West Midlands

Richard R

1941920460_WP_20190205_20_54_35_Rich(2).thumb.jpg.9d8caf66a715665ca0b22617c3cdf671.jpgEvening all,

Having lurked around and read BassChat off and on since March I thought I ought to say hello properly. I'm another late-learner, I started to play in March last year, having vaguely wanted to since University days. Now I'm  "north of forty", and intend to stay at that age indefinitely. A friend lent me his travel bass when I said I was interested in learning, and I got hooked very quickly: I picked up a used Brawley KB24 Artemis about two weeks later, much to the wife's surprise. I really like it, and players I respect tell me it's an excellent instrument. In other people's hands it does sound good, but I can still make a noise like a cat falling downstairs carrying a tray of spanners! I don't get to practice anywhere near enough, but am getting better.

I'd like to be at the midlands bash, but just realised it's the bank holiday weekend. Will have to see if it's possible.

Cheers,

Rich

• Like 2