Why become a member? ×

these teeny weeny amps - which one?

Paul S

I sent my Acoustic Image back to the US repair service. Within 10 days after my original shipping, I got my amp back totally fixed and checked for just the shipping fee. Their lifetime warranty to any owner is not a marketing trick. Congratulations !

Edited by Hellzero
  • Like 2

47 minutes ago, Mottlefeeder said:

My Ashdown MyBass was fried by a faulty generator at an out-door event. Ashdown talked me through the diagnostic checks I had done/needed to do and then sent me a new amplifier/PSU circcuit board with the agreement that if it worked I would send them the faulty one and £80 and if it didn't work I would send the amp back and they would check it out.

No complaints here.

David

That's outstanding service from Ashdown.  It would make me seriously consider an Ashdown as my next amp based on customer service alone!!  The fact that they make excellent amps just adds to this.

Frank.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Hellzero said:

I sent my Acoustic Image back to the US repair service. Within 10 days after my original shipping, I got my amp back totally fixed and checked for just the shipping fee. Their lifetime warranty to any owner is not a marketing trick. Congratulations !

Well, let me say here and now that I sent an AI Clarus back to Carlisle. I got it back, nicely fixed, but was told in no uncertain terms that because I wasn’t the original purchaser I wasn’t really entitled to any warranty work. I can’t find a record of this conversation because it was three/four years ago but believe me, I’m not making it up. Put me off a bit. I use Genzler these days.

I sent mine to Raleigh in the USA.

Here is their answer about the warranty and shipping :

"I have attached a return form for you to fill out and include. Your cost will be the shipping cost both ways, we will cover the parts and labor for the repair. When we send it back to you, we will note that it is a repaired unit being returned to the owner. That will avoid duties, etc. If you provide similar information, there won’t be any duties coming this way.

Rick

Rick Jones

Acoustic Image

5820 Triangle Drive

Raleigh, NC 27617

919-785-1280

acousticimg.com"

9 hours ago, machinehead said:

You're not alone.  I had the same experience with Markbass several years ago.  The difference in my case was I was given an estimate of circa £250.

I declined.

To be fair to Markbass, I'd imagine all the modern amps would similar when it comes to repairs.

Frank.

Problem I face is shelling out the 100 plus before they'll even quote me the 250. If I knew the price I could either swallow it or throw the flipping thing into the nearest skip.

• Haha 1

i really really like the Elfs.

Great tone and shaping capabilities, and a DI.

Only thing is to use them with a good cab which has more than one speaker. A lot of people compain about volume, but its usually people using them with a 1x10 or a 1x12 trying to do the job of a big rig - use them with a 2x12 upwards and theyre ample loud!

6 hours ago, Chienmortbb said:

Uses the ICEpower ASX50 power module. ICEpower spec that at 100W into 8 ohms , 170W into 4. A bit underpowered I think.

You're correct of course but the MB200 is still surprisingly loud with the right cab(s).

However, since mine recently gave up the ghost, it matters not a jot. :(

Frank.