Why become a member? ×

Box for shipping?

The Bucket

Hi there,

I need to get a box for a bass I need to ship to Germany, but I’m not having much luck...

No local guitar shops have been helpful, I can see ones to buy but they’re just for guitar...

Anybody know where I can possibly buy one please? I know I can make my own but I’d rather just buy a sturdy, double-walled box that is fit for the job. 

Cheers!

13 hours ago, ribbetingfrog said:

reccomend Halfords, got a few bike boxes from there over the years.

ring them in the morning and ask them to hold on to one when they get a delivery.

+1 for Halfords. My local branch are more than happy to give boxes away, saves them the bother of breaking them down and disposing of them. They tend to be really strong cardboard too, ideal for the job.

Be careful who you use for shipping. Some parcel delivery services dont insure for musical instruments, but they'll happily take your money and refuse a payout if they lose it or damage it.

Read their small print on what they will or wont ship / whats covered and what isnt

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

6 hours ago, casapete said:

+1 for Halfords. My local branch are more than happy to give boxes away, saves them the bother of breaking them down and disposing of them. They tend to be really strong cardboard too, ideal for the job.

IME bicycle boxes are made out of far stronger cardboard than the typical guitar box.

• Like 1

7 hours ago, casapete said:

+2 for Halfords! Went in today and got a couple of monstrous bike boxes, perfect size and super-strong!

Cheers, chaps!

22 hours ago, The Bucket said:

Hi there,

I need to get a box for a bass I need to ship to Germany, but I’m not having much luck...

No local guitar shops have been helpful, I can see ones to buy but they’re just for guitar...

Anybody know where I can possibly buy one please? I know I can make my own but I’d rather just buy a sturdy, double-walled box that is fit for the job. 

Cheers!

Buy a couple of patch cables from Thomann, once I bought something like that and they shipped it in a guitar-sized box 9_9