Why become a member? ×

FS : Steinberger Q bass- sold pending payment
£830

wombatboter

I own two Steinbergers  (and a Status Kingbass) so three headless basses is a bit too much in the end so I’m selling the Steinberger Q series..

It’s as good imo as the L-series I used to have or the triangle XP bass I still have but I’m going to keep the triangle one because it’s smaller and easier to take along as a main or spare bass.

I don’t know too much about it..it has a phenolic fingerboard, a Steinberger “reinforced composite neck” and it weighs around 4 kg.

The action is very low (I’m used to low action but this one beats everything) which makes it a super fast neck and the sound is even and very transparant..the bass keeps its tuning also without moving.

If you like that sort of graphite-orientated sound this is a great bass to play… controls are volume volume, bass-treble-mid

I made a small video with a couple of sounds to give an idea of things that are possible… sorry about the noodling, it only shows that it’s hard to put the bass down since it makes you want to play and try out things (the most important thing for a bass whatever brand you like).

I’m asking 830 £/950 euros (shipment to the UK included) and it comes with a gigbag. Collection is also possible but I live near Brussels so not that obvious but you never know..

I ‘ve put some new strings on it (GLS) because it brings out the sparkly character of this particular bass..

No Paypal please, I’ve tried it a couple of times and the fees and the exchange rates they handle made me lose more money than I had figured…I would prefer an international bank transfer.

Feel free to check my feedback here on bass.chat..

Not really looking for trades, sorry.

Thanks for looking and always at your service for more information…

fender en stein 001.JPG

fender en stein 003.JPG

fender en stein 002.JPG

fender en stein 004.JPG

fender en stein 005.JPG

steinfoto 001.JPG

Edited by wombatboter
  • Like 3

At £800 this is a steal.

It's a second generation XQ4 with an active circuit and the Nashville serial number means it's a proper original Steinberger blend neck (no truss rod) as opposed to the early 2000's MusicYo reissues which had Moses necks on them. For anyone who fancies trying the Steinberger vibe but doesn't like the aesthetic of the L series, it is ideal!

GLWTS!

• Like 2

• 2 years later...
On 24/06/2021 at 22:53, Adrian99 said:

Is the ad still active? Is the bass guitar still for sale? Thank you.

hello there ,i am the lucky new owner !!hope to find asap one !! steinberger  are amazing basses !!