Why become a member? ×

Bands Named After Song Lyrics

Deanol

6 minutes ago, mike f said:

Lightning Seeds after a misheard lyric in Raspberry Beret by Prince and the Revolution.

”Thunder drowns out what the lightning sees”.

Is that genuine?  I was a big fan of the Lightning Seeds in my formative years and I (obviously mistakenly) thought Prince sang "lightning seeds" in that song.

18 minutes ago, Unknown_User said:

Is that genuine?  I was a big fan of the Lightning Seeds in my formative years and I (obviously mistakenly) thought Prince sang "lightning seeds" in that song.

Simple Minds not quite named after the lyric to Jean Genie (So simpe minded....)

Again not a lyric, but he Killers are named after a fake band in video of the New Order 's song Crystal.

Blonde Redhead, named after the DNA song.

Not sure if the Cherubs are named after the Butthole Surfers song, but it's likely...

Edited by oZZma

Good thread.. 😊

Late 80s Rock/Rap band The Chiefs of Relief took their name from a lyric in the Grandmaster Flash song 'It's Nasty Genius of Love)'.. 

And Stephen 'TinTin' Duffy's  group The Lilac Time took inspiration for their name from lyrics in the chorus of Nick Drake's song 'River Man'.