Why become a member? ×

Washburn Scavenger 1980 - (Returned to Right Handed)
£150

neil baseley

For Sale - Washburn Scavenger vintage Bass Guitar. Serial No. suggests it was built in Japan (Matsumoku) in 1980.

Good Condition. Plays OK. CURRENTLY SET UP LEFT-HANDED.Bought it from a guy who converted Righties to Lefties as a hobby.

Even put dots inlays up the neck. Mahogany Body and neck, rosewood fretboard. Weighs in at 9Kg. If anyone is interested, would prefer them to come along and try it out.

I live in Derbyshire near to the M1 services at Tibshelf. If that's not possible, I'm sure we can work something out.

Regards

Neil

DSC00994.JPG

DSC00996.JPG

DSC01151.JPG

DSC01150.JPG

I had one of these - absolutely adored it.  Something about the proportions of the body that looks so very right to me.  Fabulous precision bass but a completely different shape and a great build quality, too.  Neck is absolutely to die for.  But the weight!  

Just now, hiram.k.hackenbacker said:

....and the balance, but if you can get your head around that, £150 buys you a lot right here!

Absolutely.  Without looking, this has to be the best £150-worth in the market place currently.

Usual long scale.  yes, this has been refinished - as Warren says stock would be glossy piano black.  Also the headstock logo isn't there.  IIRC these have a gently carved body with an inset bridge?  Hmmmm!

Thanks for the input guys, much appreciated.

To be honest I was in two minds as to whether or not to change it back to its original orientation before advertising but I thought I'd give Lefties a shot before I did.

Seems also like I might have undervalued it !

Food for thought !

I also need to check my scales.

13 minutes ago, Skezza said:

i am interested and would change it back to RH

BUT need to know the scale length

21 hours ago, Paul S said:

Usual long scale.  yes, this has been refinished - as Warren says stock would be glossy piano black.  Also the headstock logo isn't there.  IIRC these have a gently carved body with an inset bridge?  Hmmmm!

As in 34"

• neil baseley changed the title to Washburn Scavenger 1980 - (Returned to Right Handed)
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 5 months later...
2 hours ago, W1_Pro said:

Phenomenal bass for that money. I have one, which is apparently a factory second. All I can say is, if mine is a second, then Washburn could happily give me all of them. GLWTS.

I Have a Washburn but not like this one and the quality is first class

• 2 months later...
  • 3 months later...
  • 4 weeks later...