Why become a member? ×

BASSO 4 STRING * SOLD *
£250

fleabag

A Rally Basso 4, and Rally is now defunct IIRC.  I reckon they undercharged, because these are very well built basses. No balsa wood or plywood in this bad boy. They were around £400+ when new, and they could have, and maybe should, have charged another £100-£150, but then i guess they were an unknown name, in a crowded market of cheap far east shyte, and perhaps this also helped in their decline.  They had their own shape too. No bluddy J and P copies

All orignal apart from a real Ebony thumb rest between the pups

Solid mahogany body, with a rather hefty 15mm flame maple cap.  Maple neck with walnut ( or rosewood ) fillet, rosewood fingerboard. 34" scale.

Leccies are Vol, Blend, and 2 Tones.  Passive, though could easily take a 4 knob active , if one were so inclined. Room to pop a batt in the cavity if  routing the body for a batt is a no no

41.77mm  nut width,  54.86 width at  12th fret,   D shape profile neck ,  19mm  String spacing , 3.95 kg weight , 24 fret

There are some small marks on the body, which can be seen in the pics, but they are small. If you want pristine ,  concours , etc, this isnt for you

I can post for free if wanted,  but would rather drive and meet. Long distance maybe halfway each

Sound files - our rehearsal meanderings  ( also in the recordings forum )  was done on this Basso, apart from the fretless demo track, through a  Trace Elliot, 1 mic hanging from the celing for the whole band,

https://soundcloud.com/user-perplexus

RALLY 1.jpg

RALLY 2.jpg

RALLY 3.jpg

RALLY 4.jpg

RALLY 5.jpg

RALLY 6.jpg

RALLY 7.jpg

Edited by fleabag

• MB1 locked this topic
  • ped unlocked this topic
  • 5 months later...