Why become a member? ×

New Ashdown 3x10 cab!

fretmeister

On 27/03/2019 at 17:48, chris_b said:

Except. . . .  GP's sound is going through FOH, DI'ed into a rather sophisticated desk, manned by good people and probably post processed at Dave Gilmore's studio down on the Thames at Hampton!!

You’ve not seen them have you... 😂

Edited by Ashdown Engineering

39 minutes ago, Ashdown Engineering said:

You’ve not seen them have you... 😂

I saw GP at the Albert Hall with Dave Gilmore at the end of the last tour. Great sound through a great sound system.

So, you could tell me how GP's sound is being managed here, with Nick Mason's band.

8 hours ago, chris_b said:

I saw GP at the Albert Hall with Dave Gilmore at the end of the last tour. Great sound through a great sound system.

So, you could tell me how GP's sound is being managed here, with Nick Mason's band.

Very differently. Gilmour is a far more more polished production. SFOS is just madness and Guy is very loud on stage, hence asking if you'd seen them.

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, Ashdown Engineering said:

Very differently. Gilmour is a far more more polished production. SFOS is just madness and Guy is very loud on stage, hence asking if you'd seen them.

That's still a reasonably big venue in the video, and while those right down at the front may be able to hear Guy's rig, for the rest of the audience the bass sound will be supplied by the PA and the cabs used in the bass rig will have zero impact on what they hear.

IMO for anything other than small pub gigs you need to be insanely loud on stage in order for the cabs in your bass rig to make any significant contribution to the FoH bass sound, and then any half-way decent sound engineer will be telling you to turn down on stage.

• 1 year later...
  • 9 months later...