Why become a member? ×

Gallien Krueger 1001rb with 210rbh cab

StuarDaddy

Hi I'm totally new to the forum, just after any feedback on these amps with this cab specifically. I've been offered this set up for £350 which looks a decent price??? I am returning to playing after a while out and don't want to start gigging my 70s silver face Bassman head and 4x12 cab. Was looking for something a bit more robust like this but wasn't sure if there is enough bottom end in the 210 cab?? Play mainly Rock/Pop original stuff. I used to have an old 70s Acoustic B120 head and a 2x12 cab which was brilliant for gigging but obviously not as warm sounding as the Fender Bassman so I'm not expecting the GK to blow my mind just as long as theres enough bottom end and bit of growl? Any input would be grateful. Cheers

The cab is heavy and quiet by modern standards but it'll be fine.

The head is probably the best mass-produced amp that there is.

Any possible issues would be turning up loud enough that the cab starts to struggle, as has been mentioned that head is more than capable melting the drivers in the cab. If you're rock band loud I'd buy the rig and hunt down another RBX cab, they do 2x10", 4x10" and 1x15"" designs. Another cab to pair with that one will be a marvellous rig.

I had the head for a while and was incredibly impressed with the tone! It does everything from clean dizzy HiFi to growly rock and tons of power!!  I only got rid as i was worried it may blow my berg (2×10) cab! (I went back to EBS  but I miss the GK power) the price for that and the cab is fantastic, but the online consensus is that head is best used with 2x 4x10s. I loved it and would have one again 😁

The 1001rb is a great amp, bags of eq-shaping, tons of power. Use your ears wisely and it should be fine through the 210 but as others have said, I`d get another of the 210s to be safe. It`s very unlikely you`ll blow the speakers in two of the 210s before your ear-drums.

Another +1 for the GK head. That rig is well priced as well, the head alone is worth £350. I’ve had mine for ages, never missed a beat and great tones / output too. Agree with posts above re the cab - okay for quieter gigs but for anything getting a bit lairy then another cab would be advisable as well. Anything 8 ohm, whether it’s another 2x10, a 4x10 or maybe a 1x15 although mixing speaker sizes seems to be less popular these days. Good luck!

Edited by casapete

I missed it. Gutted as well now cos my 1970 Bassman that I didn’t wanna gig with blew its capacitors when I switched it on the other night. So I’m scratching round looking for something suitable on the cheap. Few enquiries but need it for next week now. First gig in 12 years on Friday 🙈

1 hour ago, StuarDaddy said:

I missed it. Gutted as well now cos my 1970 Bassman that I didn’t wanna gig with blew its capacitors when I switched it on the other night. So I’m scratching round looking for something suitable on the cheap. Few enquiries but need it for next week now. First gig in 12 years on Friday 🙈

Where are you? A local basschatter might be able to hook you up.

On 05/02/2019 at 22:41, Pea Turgh said:

My first amp!  Stupidly sold it as I thought it wasn’t loud enough.  Now I know the weak link was the Crate cab!

Ah tell me about it it was the most reliable amp ever. Recorded with the Bassman but gigged the acoustic mostly. I used to play it through some horrible looking grey Rotec 2x15 cab but it was huge sounding through that. What an idiot, you can’t even find them now. 😫