Why become a member? ×

Free Geddy style J neck for a good cause

project_c

I have a no name jazz bass neck, maple with black blocks, black Wilkinson tuners, it’s nice and fully functional, it even had a fret dress at the Gallery a little while back. I’m in the middle of moving house and rather than try to flog it I want to donate it to a school / teacher / worthy cause, so if you know anyone who would benefit from it please drop me a pm. It would need to be collected from North Greenwich during normal working hours.

4 hours ago, Beedster said:

Nice one mate, what an outstanding offer. I really hope I'm not stealing your thunder if I offer to throw in a nice loaded J-Bass body if it's going to a decent cause. 

Not at all, that's great! That's a whole jazz bass waiting for someone.

It’s a great offer and can make a big difference, a previous donation of Beedster’s is doing sterling service helping kids with disabilities learn bass and build their self esteem. Hopefully this one can make an equally good impact somewhere. Not on the same scale as the offers above but I would be happy to supply a new set of strings for the good cause.

On 03/02/2019 at 21:15, T-Bay said:

It’s a great offer and can make a big difference, a previous donation of Beedster’s is doing sterling service helping kids with disabilities learn bass and build their self esteem. Hopefully this one can make an equally good impact somewhere. Not on the same scale as the offers above but I would be happy to supply a new set of strings for the good cause.

Thanks mate, great to hear that the bass is being used and enjoyed. 

Re this one, I heard the marketplace was bad, but looks like you can't even give a bass away these days :)

• Like 1

Just had this post flagged up to me. Been running a small music charity for 10 years alongside day job of running a rehearsal and recording studio, teching and promoting young bands. 

Think ive got some decent feedback on here and know some members personally for refs  

I’ll pm project c as requested. Beedster thanks for your offer too, if it allows group chat I’ll do that.