Why become a member? ×

The Funk Theory according to Bean9seventy

Bean9seventy

Just now, skidder652003 said:

best of luck, apologies if I was a bit rude

well ? every bass player in the world can now check out their basses ,, imagine victor wotton perhaps saying that's a nice hack

Double Slapping

inventor B.9.70 , 2019 ,, & you was there when it happened

THE WORLDS 1ST DOUBLE SLAPPING - AMAZING BASS HACK  EASY

cheers

2 hours ago, Ricky 4000 said:

B.9.70. You Rock!

I can't do the double slap yet... not yet anyway.

My forbidden lover - that's a great line. I gotta learn it.

👍

The worlds 1st Double Slapper ,,,,  ; D

change the way you play bass forever with one simple hack  ,, it wont matter what type of music style you are into ,,

sorry you find it too difficult to do ,, lol ; D

,, double slapping ,, Mutual Attraction by Change ,, wow , only 2 or 3 notes of D.S , changes the harmony of those notes ,  totally mouthwatering

The Funk Monsta ,,, mixtape Bootsy ,, D.S gives you powerful control of The Funk ,, Turns you into the Big Rock Metal guy ,

Billy Sheenan " i always want the most amount of sustain from my bass ,, i never realized you can get those extra ounces  internally from your own body ,,, awesome ,

victor wotten ,, i was always looking for extra notes ,, D.S  is another round of extra notes ,

,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,  i  hereby dedicate

" Double Slapping " to

Mark The Hansolor Adams

thank you

1 hour ago, paul_c2 said:

Can you let us know what you ARE smoking?

.........so we can all avoid it.

nah ,,, i blew you peeps out of the water ,,, as i said i would ,

The worlds 1st double slap ,, makes you 1000 times more funky than you ,, no not you ,, you were the day before you saw it ,, guaranteed ,, yeah easy

from one of UKs 1st Ever slap players ,,

no rig no gear ,, no need to train ,, just get all of the Fun you need from bass in less than a second ,,

& hey ,, if you want to jump me on stage ,, as they did @ the jazz cafe ,, go ahead ,,, ( jealously )

they tried it at LBGS ,,, but the organizer(s) of LBGS saw & stopped it ,,

anyways ,,your PC must be so noise led without ear plugs ,,,  & being as bored as you are ,, try going back to sleep ,, do us all a favor

turning bass chat into an AOL gang stalking gaming site will not work either

That too has already been tried before ,,

,,,,, Mark Adams ,, respect ,,

7 hours ago, Ricky 4000 said:

I think you're a really good musician, B. Though I don't really understand all that you're trying to say. 👍

Double Slapping is not the theory of funk ,,@,, it is just an easy hack i guaranteed would change bass players ,, probably forever the next day ,

,,,,,,mark adams ,,,, that sunday &  my 1st D.S jam

D.S , proves the bass has a limited harmony ,, compared to a piano ,

the funk theory is just as easy to learn ,, almost ,, (eg no outrageous fingering or slap required,, 100% ) and will have an even more profound effect on bass players & musicians ( probably also guaranteed ) the very next day  ,, and its not a hack ,,& you wont ruin your bass

its not on the internet anywhere ,, as far as i know ,,

it basically blows away all of the teachers & much of what they say in one simple theory ,

everything you think you know about bass ,, from master class players to bedroom beginners  ,, until now , & its so so simple 

i wanted to go to LBGS  meet scotts bass lessons ( i have met scott ) to see if he wanted to do the videos ,, as i can not do not want to wait until September ,,

so i am trying to film myself ,, its not easy

On 13/02/2019 at 12:26, Bean9seventy said:

the next upload  in 2 to 3 days will all about the bass line by Chic " My Forbidden Lover "

remember guys ? ,,

its always either Love or Money ; D

I tried to watch the videos but I just couldn't get through them :(.

i'm super interested in Funk so I was open to learning some new stuff but 20 mins through these videos I abandoned all hope.

Bass is so much more prevelant in Funk than other forms of popular music, I was really hoping to get some insight into common chord progressions incl  types of chords used and associated chord scales/ modes used for grooving (lots of 7th and 9th chords right?). 16th note groove theory and technique would have been great too - ultimately I was hoping to find something that would help improve my ability to jam along to these tunes.

I was also looking forward to the gear videos, but you seemed to focus solely on your rigs rather than that of the likes of Bootsy.  I'm not particularly interested in your busking rigs (I couldn't see the link to the theory of funk, if I was looking for information on how to busk as a bassist it would have been more helpful) 

Anyways I gave it a try, just not what I was hoping for ,  I wish you luck with the rest of the series.  Hopefully others are finding it more informative than I.  Perhaps I've just massively missed the point with it all.

If anyone does have some good resources on theory / technique for funk I'd love to hear about them.

Cheers

41 minutes ago, PJ-Bassist said:

I tried to watch the videos but I just couldn't get through them :(.

i'm super interested in Funk so I was open to learning some new stuff but 20 mins through these videos I abandoned all hope.

Bass is so much more prevelant in Funk than other forms of popular music, I was really hoping to get some insight into common chord progressions incl  types of chords used and associated chord scales/ modes used for grooving (lots of 7th and 9th chords right?). 16th note groove theory and technique would have been great too - ultimately I was hoping to find something that would help improve my ability to jam along to these tunes.

I was also looking forward to the gear videos, but you seemed to focus solely on your rigs rather than that of the likes of Bootsy.  I'm not particularly interested in your busking rigs (I couldn't see the link to the theory of funk, if I was looking for information on how to busk as a bassist it would have been more helpful) 

Anyways I gave it a try, just not what I was hoping for ,  I wish you luck with the rest of the series.  Hopefully others are finding it more informative than I.  Perhaps I've just massively missed the point with it all.

If anyone does have some good resources on theory / technique for funk I'd love to hear about them.

Cheers

funk has nothing to do with 16 notes chords or scales ,, man ?

scales are on lizards ,,,, ;D

yeah We know these things because Funk was never invented in a tech music college ,,,

Funk is a feeling ,

the theory has yet to be uploaded ,, its all teasers apart from " Double Slapping "

sorry you are so so bored ,,, that is not my fault ,

without people like Myself and those ^ above ,,you wouldn't know how to spell the word Funk , ;D

get used to the facts ,,

when i think of Crackers ( Sunday nights) , only the dancers are left , , DJ george & paul have left the building

so what we say is Gold ,,,

if the moon is square its square ,,

But hey that is what you expect on a gaming site ,, right ? 

the theory is so so simple but so effective ,, it will change the way anyone looks at their bass forever ,, guaranteed , just like Double Slapping but 100 times more so , its not a hack ,, its a complete theory ,,

almost like the bible , literally ,

keep looking coz all you will find is tech , fast triplets slap hacks or advanced notation transcribed from guitar 

i have been on you tube a while & have not seen the theory anywhere ,

that's when you realize omg ,,, of course , if the theory was on line it would have already pointed it out ,

1969 - 2019 ,,

was The Bass was the last messenger in music ?  ; D

Man this thread has pickled the think melon!

Half the time I can't figure out exactly what the message you're trying to get across is! 

Your double slap thing hasn't changed the way the world see's or plays funk, in fact I'm sure the left hand could achieve similar results without lamping the thread off the truss rod, if it works for you great but I doubt very much that it will be a technique that we all rush to add to the musical toolbox.

I will off course watch your ultimate funk hack video just to see if stinky poo gets real for me the very next day guaranteed, but experience tells me that there are no shortcuts & theory, regardless of who's theory it is is just that..... Theory!

That's not meant to be scathing by the way, different strokes for different folks and all.

P.s, if anyone could fill me in on the "gaming site" references if love to be educated!

2 hours ago, Horizontalste said:

Man this thread has pickled the think melon!

Half the time I can't figure out exactly what the message you're trying to get across is! 

Your double slap thing hasn't changed the way the world see's or plays funk, in fact I'm sure the left hand could achieve similar results without lamping the thread off the truss rod, if it works for you great but I doubt very much that it will be a technique that we all rush to add to the musical toolbox.

I will off course watch your ultimate funk hack video just to see if stinky poo gets real for me the very next day guaranteed, but experience tells me that there are no shortcuts & theory, regardless of who's theory it is is just that..... Theory!

That's not meant to be scathing by the way, different strokes for different folks and all.

P.s, if anyone could fill me in on the "gaming site" references if love to be educated!

yes ii double slapping can be played using a different method ,, i did show a guy at LBGS  last year he quickly said the same thing ,,

but ,, "double thumbing" can be played using a 100% much simpler method too ,,

there is also absolute 100% simple ways of achieving triplets ,,

the maths behind double slapping ,, is to do with harmony ,, not speed slapping ,/" kettle slapping " ii i dont use the word machine gun slapping ,, or continuously thumping your bass until it breaks ,

the video you saw was rushed ,,

double slapping is something you might use Once or Twice in a tune ,,

here is an example of double slapping being used in the correct way or ,, the way it was initially intended

the worlds 1st double slap jam is at around 1 min 27 secs ; D please use slow motion to see it

i will do more examples ,, in fact i do just a Single double slap in this jam @ 2 mins 33 secs

its now already part of a players tool box ,, mine

unlike many hacks  D.S  makes it easier to play bass ,, its flowing energy you control ,, not the other way round ,

double thumb , Double Slap , line tap , triplet slap

we might never know how future players will use it

eg , for those who do not know ,, double thumbing in 70s was sighted being lazy ,, ; D

it used to be called rubbing the strings  ,, ; D

if victor wotten ever reads this ,,, that's what it was called vic ,, string rubbing  laziness  ; D

Thanks stay tuned