Why become a member? ×

so we recorded a song - please have a listen,(Black Sabbath content)

artisan

recorded at Homefire studios Harrogate.

Please feel free to comment weather you like it or not,all feedback is very welcome,

I love my bass tone on here,it really kicks derrière & DI'd straight to the desk from my Darkglass AOU

If you live in the Harrogate are you can check us out at Bilton Working mens club this evening

cheers

Edited by artisan
  • Like 14
  • Thanks 1

19 hours ago, artisan said:
...Please feel free to comment weather you like it or not,all feedback is very welcome,...

How are you with back-handed compliments..? I'm not a fan of riff-based heavy metal 'grinding' stuff, so take it as meaning that you're very close to the authentic sound if I state that I'd definitely switch stations if this came up on the car radio. I got my dose 'back in the day', with friends' record collections, John Peel shows, and divers clubs and festivals, and have no wish to be reminded of those prehistoric moments. Well done, then, on being true to one of the genres that I prefer the least. Excellent recording quality, excellent execution, mandatory incomprehensible lyrics squirted out in fine fashion; what's there to like..?
Wishing you every success with your chosen path, hoping that it doesn't cross mine.
There..! I hope the flattering aspect of this comes across; you're doing what you do very well indeed; so well that I wouldn't listen to it for more than a few long (oh, so long...) seconds. Well done. :friends:

(And 'Yes, I'm old' :$ ...)

• Like 2
  • Haha 4

Just had a listen to the rest.  Very good indeed.  Bass isn't quite so penetrating in the others - did you change much for those?  I like the singer's approach - he sounds like the bastard child of Ozzy and Blackie Lawless :)   I've only seen one Sabbath tribute - Snowblind - but you totally smash them out of the park.  I'd love to come long and see you but for the 4 hr each way journey.

And then I carried on - double bass in a country band!  Love it.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Paul S said:

Just had a listen to the rest.  Very good indeed.  Bass isn't quite so penetrating in the others - did you change much for those?  I like the singer's approach - he sounds like the bastard child of Ozzy and Blackie Lawless :)   I've only seen one Sabbath tribute - Snowblind - but you totally smash them out of the park.  I'd love to come long and see you but for the 4 hr each way journey.

Haha thanks Paul.

The other Jack Sabbath recordings are from when I first joined the band after quitting the country band.

They were just rough recordings all done in just a few hours,I didn't really have a suitable rig then either. We are planning on recording some more tracks soon so they will replace the old ones on our website.

Hopefully we may get a gig nearer you in the future too,our gig last night was immense.

Thank you  🤘

• Like 2

3 hours ago, Paul S said:

here's a mobile phone video from last nights gig :)

• Like 3

Wow thanks for all the positive comments guys I really do appreciate it & will pass on to the boys.

If you know anywhere that would like us to play please let me know or get in touch via the Jack Sabbath website or Facebook page.

We are not greedy & actually lost money last night but had such a blast we don't care 😁

👍

Edited by artisan
  • Like 1

11 hours ago, artisan said:

Wow thanks for all the positive comments guys I really do appreciate it & will pass on to the boys.

If you know anywhere that would live us to play please let me know or get in touch via the Jack Sabbath website or Facebook page.

We are not greedy & actually lost money last night but had such a blast we don't care 😁

👍

A band this good should be making money. 

If not then consider some of the tribute agencies.

Dave

• Like 3

2 minutes ago, PaulWarning said:

I think maybe they need to look  more like Sabbath if they go down the tribute route

Good point Paul but a few good quality wigs and some Sabbath gear and they will be sorted. Some of the agencies take on soundalike tributes too so it could be worthwhile thinking about the image side of it.

I know some tribute bands where its just one or even two of them that look a little like the originals whereas others in the band have no similarity at all.

Not sure where you draw the line on tribute acts 

Dave

• Like 1

Personally I think the singer is the issue. Technically fine but sounds nothing like Ozzy, which makes it sound like a general covers band doing an instrumentally very accurate Sabbath song rather than an actual tribuite. Compare with this,  a band that have been knocking around East Mids for ages and are probably a bit past their best now but you hear the difference in the vocal and that goes a long way to carry a tribute band.

On 04/02/2019 at 09:32, dmccombe7 said:

Good point Paul but a few good quality wigs and some Sabbath gear and they will be sorted. Some of the agencies take on soundalike tributes too so it could be worthwhile thinking about the image side of it.

I know some tribute bands where its just one or even two of them that look a little like the originals whereas others in the band have no similarity at all.

Mr Mac nails it ^^^

Frankly, just stick a wig and some shades on the front man and and you'll be sorted for those 'purist' gigs. He's got the right shaped head, he seems like the sort of chap who wouldn't mind going a bit over the top and he could always sing a few notes a bit flat.

2 hours ago, artisan said:

Thanks for all the comments on this guys it's very much appreciated 

In a world full of sh*te it behoves one to applaud the good stuff.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

2 hours ago, skankdelvar said:

Mr Mac nails it ^^^

Frankly, just stick a wig and some shades on the front man and and you'll be sorted for those 'purist' gigs. He's got the right shaped head, he seems like the sort of chap who wouldn't mind going a bit over the top and he could always sing a few notes a bit flat.

In a world full of sh*te it behoves one to applaud the good stuff.

Wow thank you Mr Delvar 🤘

I'm feeling very humble 😁

Edited by artisan