Why become a member? ×

SOLD..SOLD.....Vigier Passion series11 4 string..Rare finish!! PRICE DROP...£1020 Shipped UK mainland..
£1100

wright/watt

20180407_140224.thumb.jpg.27bab3caa7e77fc6479b55a87408b583.jpgWith regret I am selling this stunning 1988 Vigier Passion in a beautiful greenburst finish (quite rare) which i picked up on this forum in April of last year from Maut, thanks Niels.

Why am i selling? I also have a series 111 Passion bass (Yes very lucky)

Rare chance to own a beautiful graphite necked Vigier..They don't come up very often as owners (rightly so,reluctantly sell) This bass dates back to 1988..

The bass has a few dings and cracks in the laquer (very common in older Vigiers) Checking on headstock by the V..See pictures.but overall,very good condition for a 31 year old bass!! The Carbon neck is in pristine condition though  😎 so no dead spots..imense sustain.ringing harmonics..and the frets are in very good condition..and best of all no truss rod..neck totally straight..

I had to change the Schaller 3D bridge as the original saddle rollers were seized and no amount of grease or heat could make them budge..So an £80 upgrade there and also £75 on new Schaller M4 tuners in Black and gold..Black no longer available!! They look the business

The bass has such a slim and fast neck, which is a true joy to play..and the bass sounds truly fantastic.

2 Benedetti single coil pickups.I frequency switch.cut/neutral/boost.1 pickup toggle switch.1 volume knob,1 tone knob,1 parametric frequency knob.All very usable and can create a myriad of sounds..

Bass will come with hard case..(brand new)Happy to ship or you can arrange courier..Will be well packed.Happy for you to see and tryout near Edinburgh..

Not looking for trades sorry.

Any questions please pm me.

20180417_112203.jpg

20180417_112215.jpg

20180417_112233.jpg

20180417_111718.jpg

20180407_140011.jpg

20190201_113749.jpg

20190201_114318.jpg

20190201_114328.jpg

20190201_113757.jpg

20190201_113732.jpg

Edited by wright/watt
Bass sold
  • Like 4

36 minutes ago, ped said:

I’ve only ever seen a series 1 in green burst and it used to belong to Jason Newstead. Lovely bass. Mine is an 88 too!

Thanks Ped..I know i have seen a good few pictures of passions in a blueburst very similar,but in green i have not..Thanks for the info..All the best😀

32 minutes ago, wright/watt said:

Thanks Ped..I know i have seen a good few pictures of passions in a blueburst very similar,but in green i have not..Thanks for the info..All the best😀

I was considering one of these some time ago. It was the exact same colour as this one and belonged to Mervyn "Spam" Spence who used to play in Trapeze/Wishbone Ash for a time. He bought it off a fella desperate for the cash and sold it back to him later for way more. He had already sold it by the time I messaged him so i missed out. It's the only one i've seen until now in this colour. His was original, the same colour as this one but it had chrome tuners and chrome bridge.

• Like 1

31 minutes ago, clarkpegasus4001 said:

I was considering one of these some time ago. It was the exact same colour as this one and belonged to Mervyn "Spam" Spence who used to play in Trapeze/Wishbone Ash for a time. He bought it off a fella desperate for the cash and sold it back to him later for way more. He had already sold it by the time I messaged him so i missed out. It's the only one i've seen until now in this colour. His was original, the same colour as this one but it had chrome tuners and chrome bridge.

Better grab this one whilst you can - good ones don’t hang about!

• Like 1

35 minutes ago, clarkpegasus4001 said:

Yes I know! This bass used to have chrome hardware on it. I wouldn't at all be surprised if this wasn't the same bass. 

Yes this bass had chrome hardware on it when i purchased it..but the thirty year old tuners were seizing up and as i mentioned the Schaller 3D bridge had seized up so no way to adjust string spacing.All fully functional and working as should be now..Also has new black Schaller straplocks😀

20180329_171735.jpg

Competitive price for such a rare beauty. Incredible playability, very functional preamp, neck is better than nearly anything else on the market. The new owner will love her.

Somebody might say that this is subjective, as I do have two series II Passions. And because of this, I am not the one to acquire her right now.

• Like 1

44 minutes ago, itu said:

Competitive price for such a rare beauty. Incredible playability, very functional preamp, neck is better than nearly anything else on the market. The new owner will love her.

Somebody might say that this is subjective, as I do have two series II Passions. And because of this, I am not the one to acquire her right now.

Thanks Itu.I agree..when i first played a passion11 back in the basscentre back in the day,I had never played on a more easily playable neck and that stands until this day..Sadly this has to go..

I consider this to be a very competitive price also bearing in mind i bought it at this price and have also had to put on new bridge and tuners😀

Three series 11 basses i understand might be pushing it!!😀