Why become a member? ×

Tedeschi Trucks London Palladium - Help a Hick

stewblack

Coming up to the big city to see this wonderful band in April. Does anyone have any idea what time gigs tend to finish at the Palladium? Can't afford the petrol / rely on my car so will be on the bus. Trying to book my ticket but I'm faced with the stark choice of catching the 11 o'clock bus (leave the venue 10.30 at the absolute latest) or the midnight bus. Problem is if I end up on the midnight bus I don't get home until 5am whereas the 11pm arrives in Bath at 1.40. The only other option is to hang around London till 1.30am and that bus gets in at the same time as the midnight one!!

At least option 3 means I wouldn't miss any of the gig. Can't find any information about times except doors open at 7.00 - what would be the best guess for finish time?

Edited by stewblack

I think they do pretty long shows but maybe call the Palladium as there may be an absolute ‘curfew’ time for the show to finish by. Theatres often do have curfews, sometimes to do with getting the staff away by a certain time/midnight re: overtime payments etc. Travel wise....check out tube or London overground train times with the possibility of drive and park up in a suburb? Or get an advance Travelodge booking with free parking...there is a Travelodge right next to Teddington BR station SW London which is on the loop line to Waterloo station.

Edited by mybass
  • Like 1

Thanks guys. Sadly driving and hotels are out of the question. I am literally penniless right now. Can borrow the coach fare and gig ticket was paid for last year. Trains are way beyond my price range. All will be better once someone buys my beautiful Jazz bass but for now everything is on a budget.

do you need to book a ticket for a specific bus, or can you get a ticket and use it on whichever bus you need to on the night?

The Palladium website is brilliantly vague about stage times and there's no mention of any curfew for the venue, just keep an eye on the event pages, but they may not know until the night.  helpful.  haven't been to any gigs there, but even if I had, times in London can vary hugely at the same venue

sorry, that's no help at all

4 minutes ago, Monkey Steve said:

do you need to book a ticket for a specific bus, or can you get a ticket and use it on whichever bus you need to on the night?

The Palladium website is brilliantly vague about stage times and there's no mention of any curfew for the venue, just keep an eye on the event pages, but they may not know until the night.  helpful.  haven't been to any gigs there, but even if I had, times in London can vary hugely at the same venue

sorry, that's no help at all

Thanks Steve, it is helpful I hadn't thought to ask about open tickets, however i suspect they are booked seats as the prices are all different.

• 2 months later...