Why become a member? ×

Xotic BB Bass Preamp VS. RC preamp

Prime_BASS

I built an Bass RC clone from a pedalparts kit. It's extremely tame compared to the BB clips I've heard. With gain well up it adds a little hair, but it's pretty subtle, which isn't the impression I have of the BB.

I would love a BB bass preamp really love the sound on my Zoom pedal but they are £200 for what is basically a distortion pedal, all be it a very good one, think its a bit trade description calling it a pre amp, it has no blend no di no mid switch just a pedal with bass and treble, still very good but would expect moor for £200 

Just now, Rollin Thunder said:

I would love a BB bass preamp really love the sound on my Zoom pedal but they are £200 for what is basically a distortion pedal, all be it a very good one, think its a bit trade description calling it a pre amp, it has no blend no di no mid switch just a pedal with bass and treble, still very good but would expect moor for £200 

Just buy a Caline Orange Burst for abut £20. Job done.

1 minute ago, jrixn1 said:

I also liked the Xotic BB Bass emulation on my Zoom. I used it for a while in my live setup.  Have you seen this comparison video?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CbENF9j10iA

no i will check it out, i sold my Zoom, it is cheaper to buy a new Zoom than a xotic, but trouble with the zoom is it does not play well with other pedals, it the zoom on its own or nothing, thats how i found it. and no true by pass so you have to have the zoom in your chain the whole time, but we digress. 

If you mean noise, then yes I also found it a problem in conjunction with other pedals, and in the end I needed an isolated power supply.  You're right about the bypass situation - this pedal won't be the correct solution for everyone.

Edited by jrixn1

On 01/02/2019 at 09:41, Rollin Thunder said:

Used ones tend to go for between 90 and 100 pounds.

I love mine and had one on my board for over 7 years now.