Why become a member? ×

Zoot Cabs

Matty

not sure if my experience is unique but I was extremely disappointed with my zoot cab and personally speaking I would look for something else
lightest 4x10 you will find but my zoot 4x10 let me down on gigs, I also had concerns about the specs they quoted after checking the cab.
I was desperate for something lighter due to back problems but it has to be reliable, had a refund in the end.
Yesterday bought a 2nd hand Markbass 4x10HF, miles better than the zoot but slightly heavier

I tested out the zoots and mark bass cabs at the Bass Merchant. Preferred the mark bass cabs by a long way, particularly when playing loud. I was impressed with the zoots at lower volume and they are brilliantly light.

Mark bass cabs also have the advantage of looking so cool :)

[quote name='crez5150' post='351324' date='Dec 10 2008, 10:35 PM']Hmm interesting..... Eminence components....[/quote]

yes, an eminence px2 crossover was installed, the other concern I had was this crossover is rated at 400W, the cab was supposed to be 1200W, however power certainly wasn't the cause of the failures on my gigs more like vibration/ metal fatigue given where the wire were breaking

[quote name='rikki' post='351250' date='Dec 10 2008, 09:27 PM']two different failures in the crossover - wires snapping between components and the circuit board caused complete failure of the cab[/quote]

Got to admit to being a little suprised when I saw the Zoot cabs using standard off the shelf crossover units, and crossovers that I have been told are not that great in the first place...

A big part of a good cab design is the specific designed crossover.

Dave