Why become a member? ×

Musicians Hearing Health Scheme

krispn

On 29/01/2020 at 13:49, Rich said:

Not necessarily...

This is what I did too. I have a 9-to-5 and am in no way a pro muso, but I provided youtube links and band Facebook pages which demonstrated that I am in quite busy and popular bands, and I was accepted on the strength of that. It seems to me that in reality the main criterion is how much you play, rather than how much you earn. It's 40 quid bloody well spent.

On 29/01/2020 at 15:20, cetera said:

As Rich said...... I did the same too. I simply provided Facebook, website & Youtube links.... and I'm an MU member. Had my moulds taken early December and received my plugs just before Xmas.... excellent service!

Just remember to have your ears syringed (check with the nurse at your GP surgery to see if necessary) as they won't make moulds if there is any wax build-up...

On 29/01/2020 at 15:35, Higgie said:

I did this too. Excellent service!

did you all give details of a referee?

2 hours ago, MacDaddy said:

did you all give details of a referee?

I did - a friend of mine that I had been in a couple of bands and been involved in music a lot, but no actually qualifications in that way.

1 hour ago, MacDaddy said:

would a link to my Basschat profile be considered 'evidence'?

I gave youtube and facebook group page.

• 8 months later...
On 06/02/2020 at 13:43, Woodinblack said:

Oh well, fancy that, I got a reply saying it was successful. Hey get that, I am a musician :D

And my appointment was in March 2020. Then March 2020 struck and obviously, it couldn't happen because well, march 2020.

So they sent me a message saying they had to close it down.

Last month they sent me a message saying they were opening it up, and so today I trotted down to quite a nice practice studio in Bristol, and had my ears measured. I have have got healthy ears apparently, and they work well, which was a surprise to my wife :)

So now I wait 3 weeks for my 17dB filters.

On 06/02/2020 at 13:51, wateroftyne said:

It needs to be shouted from the rooftops. Its too good an opportunity to miss.

Agree, it really is.

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
36 minutes ago, Woodinblack said:

They gave me the colour options, and I almost went for purple but red just seemed a lot harder to lose. I was surprised they were that red, but not unhappy!

That’s a good call, hadn’t thought of that but have now contacted them re my order (not yet had the fitting so hopefully can change colour). I’d gone for the clear ones but thinking about it the neon orange also look pretty difficult to lose so think I’ll go for those.

Edit - I also went for the PRO 17s due to the description of them being the most natural sounding. All other ear plugs I’ve tried have really reduced top end. A couple of guys in my band have the 15s and they say they are pretty good but I wanted as flat/natural as possible, just quieter.

Edited by Lozz196

1 hour ago, Lozz196 said:

That’s a good call, hadn’t thought of that but have now contacted them re my order (not yet had the fitting so hopefully can change colour). I’d gone for the clear ones but thinking about it the neon orange also look pretty difficult to lose so think I’ll go for those.

the guy just asked me when I was having the fitting so just went for red

1 hour ago, Lozz196 said:

Edit - I also went for the PRO 17s due to the description of them being the most natural sounding.

Those are 17s, which is what he recommended for that reason

• Thanks 1