Why become a member? ×

Two 2x10s: stack vertically or horizontally

Beedster

19 minutes ago, stevie said:

While that's true, it's not quite so easy for the average pub-type band. They often don't have any bass in the monitors and it can be hard to hear your bass clearly unless the cab's at ear level.

And I would agree, but in that case having a speaker pointing at your ears as opposed to your knees is still more important than the overall dispersion pattern.

• Like 1

Been using two 2x10s for all gigs since  2008 and always stack them vertically  ("portrait" orientation ).

Two reasons. 

1. Im 6'5" tall so stacking this way gives me more chance of hearing myself - especially in small venues where I have to stand right in front of my rig.

2. There have been numerous occasions where the very small footprint of my rig has been a bonus in squeezing the band's gear into the available space.

• Like 1

Guest gazzatriumph

I have TC Electronics RS210 and a RS210C I wouldnt trust stability stacking them vertically so I put the RS210 horizontally and place the RS210C vertically on top and in the middle of the cab like an upside down T, works for me.

Edited by gazzatriumph