Why become a member? ×

Beatles Let it Be Movie Maybe Coming Soon!

Hobbayne

Well, with 55 hours of footage to play and 140 hours of audio I'm expecting Peter Jackson to make a trilogy of films which come to 92 hours long and have a "goodbye" scene at the end that goes on for at least an hour. 

I can't stand Jackson for this and he does it in almost every film he directs. Everything is dragged out and milked more than the death of Madge Bishop in Neighbours. This film will no doubt make the interminably long outro of "Hey Jude" feel like it only lasts ten seconds as the film version will probably last 36 hours.

On the other hand at least they didn't get Ron "I only make feel-good films" Howard.

• Haha 3

They Shall Not Grow Old was absolutely superb! I'd even go as far as to say one of the greatest televisual experiences I've ever had. It gave a humanity and reality to WW1 that I've never come close to experiencing before with any other documentary I've ever seen. If you haven't already seen it. Please watch it. 

If the Beatles thing is only one tenth as good it'll still be the greatest music documentary ever made. I'm definitely looking forward to it. 

Edited by Newfoundfreedom
  • Thanks 2

News just in: The project will start with a series of four 5-hour films focused on the making of the album Let It Be, including many events that didn't happen (the famous gig at Horn's Deep gets an entire episode to itself) and people who weren't actually there but who have been created creatively for creative reasons (see Legolas playing the solo from Stairway To Heaven as he slides down the staircase at Abbey Road balanced on the flightcase for a Fender Precision).

This will be followed up by a series of five 6-hour prequels creatively stuffed with ludicrously over-created creative decisions (Mick Jagger makes a cameo appearance in a day-glo Morris Mini being pulled by six very stoned super-rabbits).

The project will culminate with a series of six 7-hour prequels to the prequels in which the role of skiffle in contemporary urban society (and in Liverpool too) will be creatively examined to death. And back.

I can't wait.

• Haha 1

5 minutes ago, Happy Jack said:

News just in: The project will start with a series of four 5-hour films focused on the making of the album Let It Be, including many events that didn't happen (the famous gig at Horn's Deep gets an entire episode to itself) and people who weren't actually there but who have been created creatively for creative reasons (see Legolas playing the solo from Stairway To Heaven as he slides down the staircase at Abbey Road balanced on the flightcase for a Fender Precision).

This will be followed up by a series of five 6-hour prequels creatively stuffed with ludicrously over-created creative decisions (Mick Jagger makes a cameo appearance in a day-glo Morris Mini being pulled by six very stoned super-rabbits).

The project will culminate with a series of six 7-hour prequels to the prequels in which the role of skiffle in contemporary urban society (and in Liverpool too) will be creatively examined to death. And back.

I can't wait.

I gather Jackson has got Ian Holm's Bilbo Baggins costume out of storage so that he can do a cameo as Noddy Holder.

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, PaulWarning said:

never under estimate the power of nostalgia, that's why people go out and watch covers bands, thankfully.

Nostalgia is fine, but I'm not sure if making more of the past now is a good idea.

Anyway, people go see cover bands to see us awesome bassists doing our stuff.

Don't they ? :)