Why become a member? ×

**SOLD** Kramer Forum IV Bass
£250

Adee

Great looking bass but I'd definitely wrap the strings the other way around the machine head posts to lessen the strain on the nut. I assume that's why there are extra screws in the nut? The G slot looks like it could break off if given a good pull. GLWYS.

Edited by Sparky Mark

17 minutes ago, Sparky Mark said:

Great looking bass but I'd definitely wrap the strings the other way around the machine head posts to lessen the strain on the nut. I assume that's why there are extra screws in the nut? The G slot looks like it could break off if given a good pull. GLWYS.

That makes sense ! thought the angle was a tad steep, however it does seem to be strung correctly looking a pix etc

Edited by Adee

4 hours ago, Adee said:

That makes sense ! thought the angle was a tad steep, however it does seem to be strung correctly looking a pix etc

I would actually string all of them the other way. 

Looks a great bit of kit and a lot of bass for the money.

GLWTS 

9 hours ago, lee650 said:

I love this!!! Is the bass black underneath the print wrap?? Ive wanted one if these since i was a kid! 😁

Hmmm I'm not sure what colour it is underneath, I'm tempted to have a look as I think the 'purple leopard' is putting people off just a tad

These were made in Japan in the ESP factory back in the 80s. I think these were fitted (certainly the Forum I and II basses were) with the excellent Korean made Haz-Lab pre-amp which was also applied to early Spector basses. Can you post up a pic of the electronics? If you take off the control cavity, you should be able to see what type of pre-amp is installed. If it's a Haz-Lab, these are highly desirable.

Oh and the original colour is black - you can see that from the back of the body 😂😂

Edited by WHUFC BASS

10 minutes ago, WHUFC BASS said:

These were made in Japan in the ESP factory back in the 80s. I think these were fitted (certainly the Forum I and II basses were) with the excellent Korean made Haz-Lab pre-amp which was also applied to early Spector basses. Can you post up a pic of the electronics? If you take off the control cavity, you should be able to see what type of pre-amp is installed. If it's a Haz-Lab, these are highly desirable.

Oh and the original colour is black - you can see that from the back of the body 😂😂

Good point chap.... however, not strictly true. The (Korean) K-Haz pre-amp is the same as found in the Kramer era Korean Spector NS2A/B & C basses. This pre-amp is not the same (or anywhere near as desirable) as the proper US Haz Lab preamp found in US Spector NS2's and the Kramer American basses.

1 minute ago, cetera said:

Good point chap.... however, not strictly true. The (Korean) K-Haz pre-amp is the same as found in the Kramer era Korean Spector NS2A/B & C basses. This pre-amp is not the same (or anywhere near as desirable) as the proper US Haz Lab preamp found in US Spector NS2's and the Kramer American basses.

Ah my mistake. I might also be wrong on them being manufactured in Korea - they may have actually been manufactured in Japan (which would have made sense with the basses being manufactured in Japan. I found a page here which lists the Spector preamps through the years:

http://www.sfcj.net/en/e_data_Preamps.html

HOWEVER ... I found a pic of a Forum IV from around the same era on Reverb which has a pic of the control cavity which does look similar to some of the pre-amps from the Kramer era:

ozm9tz4w6idxe1eq0bqv.jpg

5 minutes ago, WHUFC BASS said:

I found a pic of a Forum IV from around the same era on Reverb which has a pic of the control cavity which does look similar to some of the pre-amps from the Kramer era:

ozm9tz4w6idxe1eq0bqv.jpg

Yep, that's a K-Haz....

• Thanks 1

2 minutes ago, WHUFC BASS said:

Ah - well done sir! That's more than likely what's in this one then!

Is there much difference between the US and Korean versions ?

I can only speak from upgrading the pickups in an NS2A to full active EMGs and comparing that bass to an NS2 with EMG's/US Haz. The US Haz sounds richer and more present than the K-Haz...

• Thanks 1

• 1 month later...