Why become a member? ×

Osmonds Crazy Horses request

dmccombe7

57 minutes ago, dave_bass5 said:

There are loads of synth apps that have ribbon type control for tablets/smartphones. I’m sure you could just record this yourself. It cant be too hard to find something that sounds very similar. Just save the recording out as an MP3.

Afraid my phone only does calls and txts. I'm old :laugh1:

I'll ask our keys player if he can do it on his phone. He only has a Nord that doesn't have the joystick or slider for pitch change. Good idea tho

30 minutes ago, Ashweb said:

I've managed to download an mp3 file of the whole song and edit in Audacity - can only save as a WAV file though and there are drums in there too, any good?

That might help me load into my Jamman pedal as it requires a WAV file. I have an MP3 to WAV convertor anyway so should be able to convert my MP3 file i think.

I have a synth download at the moment from JamMan itself that's not too bad and i'll edit that to fit my pedal. If it doesn't sound good thru PA i'll go down the original with drums and our drummer can play over it at the start. Not sure what i'll do in chorus and end section tho but i'll work on that. The start is the main one i think.

I've attached the JamMan file below 

Crazy Horses Sample MP3.mp3

Edited by dmccombe7

On 28/01/2019 at 21:49, JapanAxe said:

I played a dep gig with a glam covers band, and the vocalist did the effect with his voice.

I've had a miked up drummer do the horns part of Dude Looks Like a Lady in the past. That worked. 

Unless you already do loads of feeding in samples and stuff I really wouldn't bother as it's one more thing that can go wrong. Surely you've got a guitarist-who-thinks-he's-a-vocalist type who'd love the limelight of making a noise down a mic?

• Haha 1

After all the searching and various replies and suggestions the singer and guitarist don't think its really needed.

Thanks for all the help and advice guys and apologies for wasting anyone's time.

Singers and guitarists HUH !!!! :dash1:   :lol:

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, dmccombe7 said:

After all the searching and various replies and suggestions the singer and guitarist don't think its really needed.

Thanks for all the help and advice guys and apologies for wasting anyone's time.

Singers and guitarists HUH !!!! :dash1:   :lol:

must say I can't agree, it's such a distinctive part of the song, some attempt should be made, if not don't bother at all

• Like 2

I've downloaded a synth sample of it which isn't too bad and put that on my pedal. We'll see how it sounds at next rehearsal. I personally think its an important part more so at the beginning but its not just down to me.

Think once they hear it (or something) they might change their minds.

Dave

8 minutes ago, NikNik said:

I know it's tv playback but it looks daft with the empty drumkit. And, wasn't one of them a drummer, too?

Cwazy Hosses

I never even noticed that :laugh1:

In my defence i have been watching that many clips of Crazy Horses i just started to lose interest in anything else other than the start with the keys. 

In the first clip i watched from one of their Osmond shows the drummer sings the chorus while playing of course. I think the clip you're talking about the drummer takes over on bass as the bass player is doing the lead vocals and of course none of them will be playing anyway as they had a full support group directly behind them. :laugh1: