Why become a member? ×

Pino

spaceboy

I was wondering the same a while ago...it's probably the most sold bass I've seen here on BC and it's one of the most expensive out there.

To me there's no way a Precision bass is ever worth that much. I mean, the Precision is the epitome of SIMPLE design. One pickup, two simple knobs (or even one in some cases) and it's plug & play. No active electronics, no fancy stuff, nothing. Just THE BASS.

I don't ever see how such a simple design could be worth 4000€. And I have no doubt in my mind that it is a fine bass with top quality - but you're surely paying 2 or 3k more than what it's really worth. And I guess most owners just come to that conclusion and end up selling it.

Edited by kyuuga
  • Like 1

On 28/01/2019 at 14:02, kyuuga said:

I don't ever see how such a simple design could be worth 4000€. And I have no doubt in my mind that it is a fine bass with top quality - but you're surely paying 2 or 3k more than what it's really worth. And I guess most owners just come to that conclusion and end up selling it. 

Well said.

I can't think of any other guitar that was designed correctly straight off the bat. It's been copied and imitated countless times, has a unique, instantly identifiable sound and is ergonomically perfect IMO. I'd go as far as saying that sound-wise, in a quality recorded mix, there wouldn't be much difference between a Pino and a Squire VM or CV with a quality aftermarket pickup. I'll never understand the 4k price tag for one of them basses.

They do feel and play really nice, but do think the price is more than their worth. But then I also think that about the US Standards, which are my fave btw, I’d say they should be marked at a grand, not £1500/£1600, I don’t think there’s a thousand pounds worth of difference between them and the Mex basses.