Why become a member? ×

Send amp signal to IEM post-EQ and PA Pre-EQ & keep band mix too!

largo

I'm going to try going IEM-only but I'm looking for an easy way to change my EQ & volume without mucking about with an iPhone app. I have one thought but wondered if there's a better/easier way to do it.

So, current rig is passive 5-string > Mesa D800 > 2 x Barefaced One10 with pre-EQ DI to a Soundcraft UI24R PA desk > Aux Send to Behringer MA400 headphone amp > Lugs Quad IEM. 

I have a band mix in my IEM coming from the desk but there's times I would quickly like to tweak the EQ or volume of the bass in my IEM & not effect the FOH. We have an iPhone app but it's a pain setting EQ on this & being old-school, I'd much rather just turn a knob on an amp than fiddle with a phone in the middle of playing a gig. *we don't get much if any time to soundcheck as it's mostly weddings we play.

So, is there a way to still send the bass to the PA pre-EQ and somehow get a post EQ feed into my IEM that I can tweak easily by going to an amp? Or possibly a pre-amp pedal as I'm looking at Line 6 Helix Stomp and ditching the Mesa & Barefaced altogether if I can make this work. Initial thought is an active DI sending to the PA (so that's pre-EQ) and then DI from the amp to my IEM into a small mixer that also takes the DI from the PA for the rest of the band mix.  Is that the simplest way?  I have a Sansamp VT Bass DI kicking around if that could be used too.

All advice gratefully received.

5 hours ago, largo said:

So, current rig is passive 5-string > Mesa D800 > 2 x Barefaced One10 with pre-EQ DI to a Soundcraft UI24R PA desk > Aux Send to Behringer MA400 headphone amp > Lugs Quad IEM. 

If you have FOH PA and you're on in-ears, what are the two Barefaced doing there?

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

A one-box solution would be anything which has:

• instrument input
  • DI output with "pre" option (to send bass to PA)
  • line in (to take monitor feed from PA, containing no bass)
  • headphones out
  • volume & EQ controls

I believe the Palmer Pocket Bass is one that tick all those boxes. I have not tried it myself but I did some investigating a while back, as I was in a similar situation regarding tweakage of in-ears.

Edited by jrixn1