Why become a member? ×

Inexpensive Jazz bass neck - any good ones?

grumpyguts

I have a Sue Ryder P bass with a PJ setup, I took the frets out of the neck a few years ago and sprayed it Rover Flame Red. The body looks great; after much polishing the finish came up surprisingly well. The defret was probably a mistake , however the headstock is a horrible shape (even worse than my Sire..) so I wasn't that worried about butchering it.

I'm thinking I should return it to a useable condition as a result a new neck is required. I rather like Jazz profile with a maple fretboard. There are various options on Amazon and Ebay - are these any good?

• Like 1

2 hours ago, grumpyguts said:

I have a Sue Ryder P bass with a PJ setup, I took the frets out of the neck a few years ago and sprayed it Rover Flame Red. The body looks great; after much polishing the finish came up surprisingly well. The defret was probably a mistake , however the headstock is a horrible shape (even worse than my Sire..) so I wasn't that worried about butchering it.

I'm thinking I should return it to a useable condition as a result a new neck is required. I rather like Jazz profile with a maple fretboard. There are various options on Amazon and Ebay - are these any good?

I've just bought a block and binded Jazz neck from Amazon for my bitsa P and its surprisingly good quality the frets are all nice and level and the ends have been filed so no sharp edges and it only cost £35 the only thing is the colour is a bit darker than I expected but I can live with it......... 

_20181220_150153.thumb.JPG.96d1c6359c81a70b2ce50d84e21decee.JPG

Here's the link if your interested in having a look

https://www.amazon.co.uk/string-Style-Replacement-Canada-Maple/dp/B078HR2ZWZ 😀

Edited by Jimothey