Why become a member? ×

Looking for rulers...

Guest Marcoelwray

Guest Marcoelwray

Hi people, I'm looking for proper rulers, steel.... I can find that anywhere but I have big troubles to find rulers with a centered 0. I find these really useful, but I only found Chinese rulers on weird websites... Anyone may help with that?

If you care it's because the scale on rule starts at the end, the measurement starts at the nut for an analogy, a ruler has the scale starting after the end, like a zero fret to continue the theme :)

It's possible, but unlikely, to have a plastic rule or a steel ruler ;)

49 minutes ago, Marcoelwray said:

Ordered the ruler in 300mm, and blades for my bandsaw... Never tried the "backteeth".... 

Excellent.  One of those rulers is on my list too.

I've used the backtooth blades once when they were out of stock of plain backed ones.  Quite useful if you do a lot of cuts where, because of size or shape, you need to reverse the wood to back out from where you have just cut half way through so that you can then come in from the other end to finish the cut.  It makes the problem of pulling the blade out of its guide bearings less of an issue.

• Like 1