Why become a member? ×

Pickguard makers recommendation

Pinball

Hi, I have Fender Dimension Standard V and want to get a new pickguard made.Nothing flash, just plain. Recommendations please?

Note: The Standard is an uncommon bass so I am assuming that I will need to get one manufactured

Edited by Pinball

1 hour ago, Pinball said:

Hi, I have Fender Dimension Standard V and want to get a new pickguard made.Nothing flash, just plain. Recommendations please?

Note: The Standard is an uncommon bass so I am assuming that I will need to get one manufactured

https://www.wdmusic.com/

They take custom orders too. I bought one for my Jaguar and it was ok.

Edited by oZZma

• 2 weeks later...
7 hours ago, Muppet said:

How did you get on? I want to order one for my Deluxe V HH.......

I haven't ordered on yet as I found myself another Dimension Standard so now have a black and a sunburst.

If you are needing an as new white deluxe pickguard let me know as it came with one. It also came with a spare pickup selector. I could do with selling them as neither fits the Standard.

Note: It seems nuts to have two standards but I love them and can't decide which (if any) to move on.

• Thanks 1

36 minutes ago, Pinball said:

I haven't ordered on yet as I found myself another Dimension Standard so now have a black and a sunburst.

If you are needing an as new white deluxe pickguard let me know as it came with one. It also came with a spare pickup selector. I could do with selling them as neither fits the Standard.

Note: It seems nuts to have two standards but I love them and can't decide which (if any) to move on.

Thanks for that! I'm looking to get a 3ply black white black as my Deluxe is natural and comes with a white one. The four stringers come with a black one and I think it looks better.   I did contact Fender GB and they said I'd be better getting one made as they didn't have stock and they'd be surprised if anywhere else did either.

I'd keep 'em both if you can - doesn't seem nuts to me!  I've got a Deluxe V HH and a Elite V HH (which are actually pretty much the same) and I wouldn't get rid of either.

• Like 1

8 hours ago, Muppet said:

keep 'em both if you can - doesn't seem nuts to me!  I've got a Deluxe V HH and a Elite V HH (which are actually pretty much the same) and I wouldn't get rid of either.

Well I'd like more....maybe a deluxe but as a self-funded originals artist I have lots of spending to keep up with and not much money coming in from it.

• Like 1

6 hours ago, Pinball said:

Well I'd like more....maybe a deluxe but as a self-funded originals artist I have lots of spending to keep up with and not much money coming in from it.

There's a lovely black/white Deluxe V HH on ebay at the moment but they seem to hold their price at around the £1k mark or so....

• Like 1