Why become a member? ×

Hello from sunny Swindon.......

Chewie

G'day all.........

It's high time I said hello properly.

I started playing bass at college in 1993.  A mate had an electric guitar and after teaching me some riffs on it, we decided I should get a bass.

That was it.  I've never looked back. 

I've done lots of jamming and recorded some loops and stuff in a few make-shift studios but never been in a band, properly.

I worked in and out of the country for years and there was never an opportunity really.

I had a car accident a few years back and I spent the entire compensation money on a 1967 Jazz Bass.  That then started me on a little journey collecting basses I'd always wanted to play.

Lately I've been learning the chords on an accoustic guitar and getting well into that too.

I recently bought a Mesa Walkabout, which is beautiful and surprisingly for me, an Ashdown Mag 300, which sounds gorgeous.  It was £100.

This website and you guys have been an amazing source of inspiration and knowledge to me and I wish I'd joined it a lot earlier.

A belated Happy New Year to you all.

Chewie

• Like 1

On 27/01/2019 at 16:53, JapanAxe said:

Hi Chewie, I believe we may have had an online conversation about Precisions at some point. Still, better late than never with the official welcome thread!

Hi JA..........

Yeah, I remember, I had a 1980 P Bass............

Swindon's looking up......!!

On 28/01/2019 at 19:17, Chewie said:

Thanks man,

Is that a Yamaha in your profile picture?

It is indeed! Well spotted 😉👍🏻 

It's a Yamaha Billy Sheehan Attitude 2, 25th anniversary model. Really nice basses, whether you're a fan of Billy or not 😁

I'd love to see some of your basses, seeing as you're an avid collector by the sound of things