Why become a member? ×

Weber Mywatt 400 SOLD
£950

28mistertee

Back up for sale as I currently have my eyes on something else. If it sells I’ll probably end up withdrawing it. Currently not gigging so in no rush either way.

Link to original sale:

https://www.basschat.co.uk/topic/325859-weber-mywatt-400-all-valve-withdrawn/?do=findComment&comment=3560334

Weber1.JPG.5dd8e57185f5812b01532359aacd1df4.JPGWeber2.JPG.7d63b2859910a03ce45697920bc9a7e7.JPGWeber4.JPG.ded71662291438cb09847fc57e6ed737.JPG

Edited by 28mistertee
Sold

58 minutes ago, Jonse said:

Their website says these only weigh 25kg!? Can't be right surely? Any idea? 

Modern toroïdal transformers, much, much lighter than the original Partridge iron. These have other advantages, too, aside from the weight (or lack of...), such as zero chance of having laminations loosen. If only they'd been around 'back then'..!
This a very serious bit of kit; good luck with the sale.

21 minutes ago, Dad3353 said:

Modern toroïdal transformers, much, much lighter than the original Partridge iron. These have other advantages, too, aside from the weight (or lack of...), such as zero chance of having laminations loosen. If only they'd been around 'back then'..!
This a very serious bit of kit; good luck with the sale.

Yes, the output transformer in my Traynor is the same. Hmm, sorely tempted...

11 hours ago, Jonse said:

Their website says these only weigh 25kg!? Can't be right surely? Any idea? 

My 200 watter isn't at all heavy due to modern transformer technology. It's obviously not class D light, but it's not any problem to pick up either.

Our bass amp is a Hiwatt DR205 (200w PA amp; 4 x KT88...). It is not a one-hand lift..! The original Hiwatts were (and still are...) very heavy indeed, largely because of those massive Partridge trannies. The Mywatts have solved that problem, whilst retaining the essential 'heft' of the Hiwatts. A class product.