Why become a member? ×

Sandberg VM4 or TM4?

woodywyatt

Pup arrangement is a key difference between the two. 

TM = J / MM 

VM = P / MM

I had a TM4 which was my goto bass for 4 years before moving it on last year, but don't take that as a recommendation as such for a TM over a VM - if I was to buy one now it's more likely to be a VM5 (with a 3 band EQ, if I could get one). 

Edited by Al Krow

I’ve never had a TM but currently own a VM - it’s a really really nice instrument. One thing to consider is that aside from the J pickup in the neck, the TM has a coil switch for the MM bridge humbucker, allowing you cop legitimate Jazz tones. VMs usually don’t have this coil switch, though I’m sure it can be requested on a custom build.

• Like 1

18 minutes ago, woodywyatt said:

Thanks guys, I'm swinging towards a TM at the moment. Hoping to try out both next week.
Anyone know of current waiting times for custom builds?

I ordered a custom  TT  in mid December and was told estimated delivery would be the end of March .

• Like 1

1 minute ago, CameronJ said:

That’s not bad actually!

I didn’t think so either, I’m in no rush and PMT had quite a wide range of sandbergs in store for you to try , the main selling point for me was the necks were so comfortable and the build quality was excellent 

• Like 2

Thanks so much for all the input everyone. I'm off to Barcelona in a couple of weeks and there's a shop there that has a TM4 in stock. If I'm suitably impressed, (judging by what I've seen and read I think I will be) I'll place an order for a custom build.
Config : CANT4-TM:D-N-4S-34-HCR-BK-ALD-NOT-PFF-F-DTA-MHHG-ANIH-CLT-2EQ+SSW-TP-X-RH in case anyone's interested 😏

I'm hoping the Musicman Stingray classic won't be too hard to move on..