Why become a member? ×

Bass guitar strap favourites

Chewie

• 2 weeks later...
On 26/01/2019 at 09:00, Fionn said:

Can anyone recommend me a strap with a smooth inside that doesn’t stick to the shoulder?

Straps with a suede or rough leather finish grip too much. I’m after something that slides over my shoulder, instead of pulling the neck of my t-shirt half way down my chest. 

I made this from a women's belt from a charity shop . Picture was taken before trimming to size . hth .
BC01.JPG.144b59e9915972a52d35140a1e60b04d.JPG
 £2 plus entertainment value watching the shop assistants watching me loitering in the women's clothing section .😄

• Like 1

On 25/01/2019 at 14:12, uk_lefty said:

Right on straps! I got one from Manson's in Exeter. Leather strap, Spanish made, has a little slot for two picks at the end where you connect to the guitar body. Very comfortable, I've got it on my Stingray. Nice colours too. Mine was about £35.

Got one of these for the new blue bass - I didn't have a blue strap so I ordered one of their vegan ones in paisley blue. Just turned up, rather nice!

8 hours ago, Woodinblack said:

Got one of these for the new blue bass - I didn't have a blue strap so I ordered one of their vegan ones in paisley blue. Just turned up, rather nice!

I didn't know they were, or there was the option of vegan. Suppose that's the way things are going and it's no bad thing at all.

I just liked mine because it's as 80's as they come. White leather (or vegan substitute) with two things stripes, one red and one blue. It looks like Herbie, which is fine as we are regulars entertaining a motor racing crowd! There was some great colour combos. My wife needs to buy me something leather for our anniversary and I don't fancy a gimp mask so will go for another of these straps.

They are available in leather or as a vegan option. My wife is a vegan and when I mentioned my lack of blue strap she offered to get this. I love paisley anyway. I am not specifically fussed about vegan but if I can get a thing that’s just as good but nothing had to suffer for, it’s a no brainer. I really like the size adjustment and plectrum holder bit

there is only one strap* - the Stones Music GSL5

https://www.gear4music.com/Guitar-and-Bass/Stones-Music-GSL5-Leather-Guitar-Strap/1YBY?origin=product-ads&campaign=PLA+Shop+-+GENERIC&adgroup=GENERIC&medium=vertical_search&network=google&merchant_id=1279443&product_id=91150d1&product_country=GB&product_partition_id=68659056167&gclid=EAIaIQobChMIrZKPlZOn4AIVR-J3Ch2XVQN_EAQYAiABEgJMZ_D_BwE

always seems to be marketed as the Jimmy Page guitar strap, but I've used them on all my basses for years - wide, comfortable, and look very cool.  One minor comment is that the quality of the leather seems to vary a little, and some have been softer than others, which is OK, they just need a bit of working in

*fake news

3 minutes ago, Woodinblack said:

Oh god no, I couldn’t wear one of those unless I was in a 70s classic pop group! Everyone had belts like that in the 70s, or at least my parents generation did

I can't remember which film it is but I swear there's a sci fi film from the 70's where they use these straps as part of the costumes