Why become a member? ×

Hermes delivers some music gear

petebassist

Can't remember if it was Hermes or Yodel but one day I found a package for a completely different address in the middle of my living room. I'd been out. How did it get there...?

Thrown in through my open living room window. Which is the horizontal type over five foot off the floor that a person can't get in through. No idea why they chose my house. They left a note for the person who it should have been for saying "left with a neighbour" and my address! She couldn't believe it either 

• Like 1

This isn't news anymore - can't really blame the drivers who are paid something like 40p per parcel they deliver. Got to deliver a lot to make a decent wage.

To be fair my Hermes driver is a lovely old fella, just does it to supplement his pension. I've never had any issues with him mainly because he also delivers to my neighbour and we'll take in parcels for each other (including some medication while he was having a kidney transplant).

31 minutes ago, TheGreek said:

This isn't news anymore - can't really blame the drivers who are paid something like 40p per parcel they deliver. Got to deliver a lot to make a decent wage.

To be fair my Hermes driver is a lovely old fella, just does it to supplement his pension. I've never had any issues with him mainly because he also delivers to my neighbour and we'll take in parcels for each other (including some medication while he was having a kidney transplant).

Maybe not news, and I am not blaming the drivers as it didnt make it that far. It is sat in a warehouse somewhere wjth people walking past it everyday! 140kgs 1.2mts by 65cm. Yku would think someone might notice!🤣

2 hours ago, fleabag said:

Wouldnt fit in the van, teebs.  Good try though  :)

Nooo, you miss understand their aim (pun intended).

The trebuchets are outside their warehouse.

Point roughly in the direction of recipient - twang!

Online notification "product dispatched & en route" (although they'd say 'on route', being uncultured ;))

• Haha 2

I ordered some new walking boots today.

I was offered either free untracked Hermes delivery for a random day some time next week or tracked DPD for an extra £7.

£7 well spent I reckon.

Edited by Cato
  • Like 1

28 minutes ago, Cato said:

I ordered some new walking boots today.

I was offered either free untracked Hermes delivery for a random day some time next week or tracked DPD for an extra £7.

£7 well spent I reckon.

As long as they get the postcode right. I've got a Warwick Thumb incoming from Italy, DPD doing the final leg. The seller put the address (including the correct postcode) on the parcel, but somehow the separate postcode field has got a generic postcode in it (B77 1AA). Got an email saying it would be delivered 24/01, then the parcel status went from being delivered on 24/01 to customer rescheduled for delivery 25/01 (no I didn't), then to delivery on 28/01. I rang them up today to find out WTF was going on, and found out then that the postcode was wrong (not, as I say, the postcode that the seller had put on the address label, but the postcode that they'd magically derived) and so it had gone to the wrong hub and it will be delivered on Monday, now they've got the right postcode in the postcode field. I can't help but think that there's a lorra lorra cluelessness at DPD.

Just think how much worse it will be buying basses from Europe after Br*x*t, with all the customs, VAT, etc...

Edited by Rich
  • Sad 1

The thing that gives DPD the edge over their competitors for me is that they give you a one hour delivery window and ,in my case, so far, they've never missed it.

That and the fact they've never left anything for me in a neighbour's recycling bin (helpfully described on the 'sorry we missed you' card as an 'out building')  on bin day.

I can't say the same for Hermes.

Although I've probably just jinxed myself...

Edited by Cato