Why become a member? ×

Traben anyone?

Newfoundfreedom

7 hours ago, NewUser said:

Thanks for the reply, would you please tell me, if you tap that big oval with your fingers does it seem solid under it? Or possibly hollow?

It seems solid. But it would be pretty much impossible to tell by doing that because the bridge / scratch plate is solid brass. From what I can see, my best guess would be that the body is pretty rightly routed around the pickups. 

• 3 weeks later...
9 hours ago, NewUser said:

Could you give a quick idiots guide for those knobs on the Traben?

It's a while since owned mine, but IIRC in the photo from top to bottom it's Volume, Pickup Balance, Treble, Middle, Bass (the three tone controls might be reversed but it will be obvious what does what by simply turning them and listening to the change in sound).

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

11 hours ago, NewUser said:

Got my Traben. Am I in the club now?

Got my first bass amp too, ampeg ba110. 

P.S. I like jazz. 

Screenshot_20201222-175011.png

It will most likely be volume, bass, mids, treble and pickup balance. Not necessarily in that order. Possibly two individual pickup volumes, bass treble and mids. Only way to tell for sure is to play around with them. 

Edit.

Sorry, jumped in before seeing Big Reds reply. Mine is a different lay out.

Edited by Newfoundfreedom
  • Thanks 1

• 1 month later...
On 22/12/2020 at 23:08, NewUser said:

P.S. I like jazz. 

I have the same model! The top larger knobs are volume, pickup ratio, then bass, mid, treble. 

• Thanks 1

On 22/12/2020 at 23:08, NewUser said:

P.S. I like jazz. 

Didn’t I reply to this already ?

edit : yes 

Edited by Geek99
  • Like 1

I always fancied the Traben John Moyer (of Disturbed) signature model. It looks a bit more conventional than all the models with the huge bridge baseplates. When Hanser Music Group pulled the plug on Traben, production of this model was continued by BC Rich (also owned by Hanser). Most Traben instruments I've come across in the wild have been OLP's, I've never seen a real Traben in the flesh. 

• Like 1

• 7 months later...
2 hours ago, WHUFC BASS said:

That is The Bass Gallery on Reverb - both those things contribute to it having an inflated price. People put stuff up on Reverb for silly money and then just wait until someone who really really wants it and has the cash comes along.

14 hours ago, Ricky Rioli said:

Since Reverb take a slice, The Bass Gallery prices on Reverb are all higher than on their own website

Just seen that it's £475 on their website. They have two which are £475 but the other one and a much cheaper model cheaper electronics. Not sure how they worked out that price but it's bizarre to say the least .

Photo of my bridge and link about measuring. I'm no carpenter, but I think this is one that will fit. 

Hipshot "A" Series 4 String Bass Bridge Black .750" 19mm

https://www.bestbassgear.com/ebass/gear/hardware/bridge/how-to-calculate-your-bridge-spacing.html

20210929_184107.jpg

This might fit too and has a good price. 

https://reverb.com/item/28288925-4-string-bass-bridge-black-w-locking-zinc-saddles-dual-load-19mm-sung-il-bb404

Edited by NewUser