Why become a member? ×

MXR Bass Envelope Filter! Whistling!

lee650

Hi Gents

Well I got an MXR BEF yesterday and i absolutely love it!  MASSIVE!!! Problem though! When i had my Discumbobulator it made a constant high pitched whistling noise when placed near my CIOKS D5 power supply! I moved it and it was fine. I had a reshuffle and moved it and it started whistling again, but this time wherever I put it. In my frustration I sold it (when I plugged it in off board through a one spot the problem went away) well the MXR does the same thing argh!! 😠 I've spent all evening putting it on different parts of the board as far away from the cioks as i can/powering it on its own with one isolated power lead and it still whistles!!! I took it off board but powered it with a lead from the cioks (which was powering other pedals) and the whistling stopped!! Only the analogue filters do this! I've had no bother with my (Digital) Manta (which is powered on a different power outlet  I've completely broken up my board now, to test every lead/other pedal etc to try and isolate the problem,as I really don't want to lose this filter. My leads are high quality van Damme/sommer with Hicon jacks, but I'm wondering if a cables gone but only the analogue filters pick up the noise.

If anyone has any ideas I'd love to know!! 

Cheers 😁

At the start of the read up I was about to say always check cables but you have and I presume also each individual stand alone pedal with the power supply (I don't know this particular one,) so can it be the power supply, could you borrow another  one? I would be surprised if the MXR was the problem, analogue or not but then again....?