Why become a member? ×

Valve World

stewblack

The Barefaced ‘10’ series works great with valve amps . I use a two10 with my Ashdown ctm100 , sounds sweet...as for tips ? Well I usually keep the gain around 9-10 o clock and crank the master up to 3 o clock . It’s a lovely clean warm sound . It’s just 100w but the thing about valve amps is they sound better under pressure..if you really want some fun go out and get a Low wattage valve amp like 20-50w . Old guitar valve amps work really well . I have a 50w old Carslbro guitar amp that sounds sublime with a bass (just make sure you use a bass cab or else...pop)

On 24/01/2019 at 23:31, aitkenaudio said:

basically make sure you plug it in the right load and make sure you have a speaker plugged in. Treat it care as well. Valves are more robust than people say they are haha.

I’m running an 8ohm head into a 4ohm cab...not ideal I guess but so far no fires . But this is my practice amp so I’m not pushing it hard. I understand it’s better to have too low (as far as 1/2) than to high for valves ?