Why become a member? ×

Which 6x10...?

Swijn

The markbass I have doesn't really have that markbass sound. As it's sealed it's more vintage sounding.

Just one thing to remember or consider - a lot of 610s are a lot deeper physically than a 410, so it's not just weight that can hinder you if moving it alone.

I like the idea of the modular approach of the Barefaced Two10s at 4/12ohms.  I have 2 of these, but could make it up to a 610, but I don't need that much fire power. The portability gives max versatility and they are so well designed that it's a breeze to carry each one.

The colouration is very pronounced to a particular vintage sound and doesn't change massively between my two amps, Ampeg V4B and Mesa BB750 running flat imho.  But its a sound I like a lot

• Like 2

On 26 January 2019 at 10:35, chris_b said:

I know someone using a BF Six10 and it sounds huge. He bought it for big stages and loud bands. It always looks the part but I think it's overkill every time he uses it.

If the OP is replacing 2 410's then I'd suggest a BF Four10 (at a weight reduction of about 75%) would be a good choice. It runs at either 8 ohms or 2 ohms, so with the 7PRO you'd get a maximum 600 watts at 8 ohms. The Four10 is a sensitive cab so 600 watts would be far more than is needed to fill a gig. I doubt you'd really need as much as that. I use 2 Super Compacts or 2 Two10's and I've never gone past half way on the volumes of my Aguilar AG700, even for the loudest of my loud bands.

With other cabs you need volume to fill up the room and even then you probably won't reach 100% coverage. The fantastic clarity, definition and dispersion of the BF cabs means you can hear each note clearly in every part of the room. . . and you've got 30 days to try it and either keep it or send it back.

Really appreciate the comments ... BF owners that i have spoken too also remark how loud but clear the BF cabs are. I'm also looking now at the 410 + 210 combo - especially if i can get the 210 switchable. 

• Like 1

41 minutes ago, Swijn said:

Really appreciate the comments ... BF owners that i have spoken too also remark how loud but clear the BF cabs are. I'm also looking now at the 410 + 210 combo - especially if i can get the 210 switchable. 

It’s a great combination and easy to carry about too :)

2 hours ago, fryer said:

If using   a 410 with a 210, don't the impedence's have to be the same ?

No, from what I understand then each cab will get the same amount of power, so effectively each cone in the 210 will get double what those in the 410 get. That’s not to say it can’t be done though, both my 210 & 410 are 8ohns but I don’t put too many lows through them, nor have them too loud. If anything adding in the 210 is more for show than anything.